The Worst AV You've Ever Used?

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Back in the days when I didn't have any knowledge of computing (Windows xp times) my family used AVG free and once a year the PC got infected. I agree with Iobit Malware Fighter for the worst one, but I have never used it on a host machine

Prayag

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
panda for me.
The worst av ever.
Without cloud,it isn't any good but a resource hog.
Its scans speed are slower than a snail.
It can't even detect years old trojan,virtually any av was able to detect,when i am offline.Even iobit was able to detect it but can't remove.
Also,mbam is no good.
It was also able to detect that threat but can't remove it.
Actually, i haven't seen mbam to successfully remove a nasty threat that it could find.
Therefore,I can't recommend it as a second opinion scanner.

Reactions: BearHug

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
A few years back many av's weren't in matter of performance.
This is the reason why i began to test av's, mostly to see if they have improved their performance.
As for protection most known av's were ok so my focus was and is performance.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
panda for me.
The worst av ever.
Without cloud,it isn't any good but a resource hog.
Its scans speed are slower than a snail.
It can't even detect years old trojan,virtually any av was able to detect,when i am offline.Even iobit was able to detect it but can't remove.
Also,Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is no good.
It was also able to detect that threat but can't remove it.
Actually, i haven't seen Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to successfully remove a nasty threat that it could find.
Therefore,I can't recommend it as a second opinion scanner.
I forgot that one! Horrible results in the Malware Hub last year

Reactions: BearHug and AtlBo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.