The Worst AV You've Ever Used?

Yoda

Level 3
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
In my school years 90, the school computers lived infected with Stoned Angelina, always coming back, the tools they had to remove were VirusScan and Norton.
I still remember McAfee's for DOS and around my house I still have Norton v1.0 in floppy discs that -I guess- are not working anymore :)
Good Old times... :rolleyes:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Back in the 90's my default solutions were McAfee's Viruscan and F-Prot on DOS... nothing escaped them :)
Yeah I remember F-Prot as an excellent product from Iceland (I don't know about it now).
The developers team was preparing the signatures with paranoid precision, those were the times where the signatures made the difference, and BB was just beginning ;)

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I think we have improved many of the Avs today are very well as the case of Norton that was very heavy a slab I would say I,Emsisoft old Squared with engine Ikarius, had a few false positives are tremendous, panda was unusable leaving the system dead.

Reactions: frogboy and BearHug

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017
AVG(a few years ago) and AVIRA for being bloatwares. Kaspersky for destroying my Windows 7, had to reinstall. Bitdefender 2015 which also destroyed my windows. Zonealarm for missing a drive-by download infection. Norton(a few years ago) missing a malware named 'love is all' in system32, and detected by a ClamAV scan.:D
I think You have the Worst Experience with AVs!:p:D

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
& after 8 pages the winner is :rolleyes:

i think we have a tie between iobit & quick heal :p

Reactions: frogboy

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i was in love with AVG and still am but recently it is disappointing me big time. It reverted itself from AVG IS into AVG free and although the support fixed it within minutes this is a no go for me . In terms of heavy and really worst ones i remember Comodo AV. And ZoneAlarm which was a godzilla . McAfee is and was big even bitdefender is huge. The worst is ..... well all of them

Reactions: frogboy

varanjith

Verified
Aug 16, 2013
The worst i've used is Avira, but that was long back. Got infected heavily and lost many important files and photos, the reason I backup the important files in cloud nowadays. Now using kaspersky and it's good in my opinion

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.