RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
We've seen lots of threads about your favourite software or it's characteristics you like the most. Now let's be objective. List those things you don't like about your preferred security softs. For example, my two security softs I like the most are Kaspersky and NordVPN.

NordVPN:
  • I don't like the time it takes to connect to servers sometimes (randomly it doesn't even connect until you reboot it)
  • Would like more servers along South America
Kaspersky:
  • Tends to lag the PC sometimes randomly
  • Application Control can be cocky sometimes

What about you? :)

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Windows Updates:
  • DHCP - required since Windows 8.1 for checking and downloading
  • DNS Client - the same like above, but since Windows 1709 or so
Kaspersky Security Cloud Free:
  • Licence - requires a master degree in patience to get it working
Forticlient:
  • GUI - XP style, then again, they are not focused on consumers
Panda:
  • GUI - used to be better, more smooth
  • Virtually no self-protection
capture_01092019_130352.jpg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Comodo

In overall im very satisfied, never had any major issues. Im not geek, fanatic or a programmer...im just a home user. Probably i wont see huge downsides on antiviruses except they start to slow pc down, or tend to have false positives. With comodo i really never had any issues, someone may say comodo firewall is buggy... i kinda believe them and thats why im using comodo cloud antivirus so i never have to mess up with firewall rules again.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Ohh... let me see just some examples

Kaspersky

Too much interference on safe web sites. Just last week I had to contact their support becaus Crackle's video controls would not appear in any machine with Kaspersky. They also take a long time to white list a clean site. For those who read my post about Kaspersky blocking al hotel site back in December? I reported it as safe back then and it's still blocked. I send another false positive report last week and it's still blocked.

ESET
I had to add exceptions on every machine running ESET for my wireless printers to work... seriously a consumer product shouldn't block access to common hardware. Also it needs a more proactive module.

Bitdefender
If it works on your machine it is basically the one that offers less problems. I would like to have a little more control on some settings but I understand their point on autmaing a consumer-level product as much as possible.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Bitdefender
If it works on your machine it is basically the one that offers less problems. I would like to have a little more control on some settings but I understand their point on autmaing a consumer-level product as much as possible.
Adaware seems like a good alternative, BD with a little more control.

No Gaming Mode
Basically in all AVs - Disable GUI and you have a gaming mode.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I don't really "dislike" anything about the security software. It would be swell if certain things were modified by the development teams but it's not likely to happen tomorrow:

NVT EXE Radar Pro: No prompts to re-enable after changing modes or disabling. It's decent freeware so I'm not complaining too much.

Windows Security: User interface is poorly designed and poorly unified. All available features should be on the table, in plain, Kindergarten-style language.

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Eset:

Scan's ssl traffic via mitm using a root cert its add's as trusted CA on PC so it's on-the-fly generated self-signed ssl cert dose not causes error on browser other av do it too Bitdefender, Kaspersky it dose add minimal protection but I just think its little bit invasive scanning all your https traffic.

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
We've seen lots of threads about your favourite software or it's characteristics you like the most. Now let's be objective. List those things you don't like about your preferred security softs. For example, my two security softs I like the most are Kaspersky and NordVPN.

NordVPN:
  • I don't like the time it takes to connect to servers sometimes (randomly it doesn't even connect until you reboot it)
  • Would like more servers along South America
Kaspersky:
  • Tends to lag the PC sometimes randomly
  • Application Control can be cocky sometimes

What about you? :)

When i used to have kaspersky, i always had problems with nordvpn. It took 30 seconds to connect on servers, my connection stoped working (i was still connected on server) till i reconnect again. Kaspersky know about this problems but i guess they don't want to fix them.

D

Deleted member 178

You are so right but unfortunately other security software's have impact on my system.
Among them ReHips and Smart Object Blocker.
Both great software but not for old systems.
Next ReHips build will have reduced impact, they were working on it. On their forum there is a article about it.
SOB despite being powerful isn't actively developed, just some minor compatibility updates.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.