Advice Request Thinking of going for Bitdefender Free

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 59295
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I experienced the update problem today (no CPU spiking but an update error). I was able to fix the problem only by uninstalling and re-installing the AV.

I've been consider other free alternatives, but some of them slow down the machine, don't provide better protection, or show nag screens.

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
I experienced the update problem today (no CPU spiking but an update error). I was able to fix the problem only by uninstalling and re-installing the AV.

I've been consider other free alternatives, but some of them slow down the machine, don't provide better protection, or show nag screens.

I actually had the same problem with Bitdefender Free. I switched to Sophos Home, then back to Bitdefender. I haven't had the problem on the Total Security version, but had it a few times with the free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.