64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    None
    Sign-in Options
  • Password
  • Physical Security Key
  • Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home
    VoodooShield Pro
    Windscribe Pro
    0patch
    Windows Security Core Isolation & Memory Integrity
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • RTP - Details of Custom security settings
    Windscribe Pro ROBERT is like a server-side Pi-Hole blocking tens of millions of crap domains (malware, phishing, cryptominers, etc.)
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home
    Malwarebytes
    Browsers and Extensions
    Hardened Firefox w/ Bitwarden, Windscribe, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, Emsisoft Browser Security, Dark Reader
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, Windscribe Pro + ROBERT, Windscribe Browser Extension & Firefox Content Blocking
    Password Managers
  • Bitwarden Premium
  • Web Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • System Utilities
    Bleachbit & VeraCrypt
    Data Backup
    Limited personal data on PC, recovery codes and such encrypted w/ VeraCrypt and copied to a HDD as a precaution
    iCloud used on multiple devices for photos, etc.
    Frequency of Data backups
    Always-on Sync
    System Backup
    None
    Frequency of System backups
    None
    Computer Activity
  • PC Gaming
  • Online banking
  • Browsing web and email
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Programming
  • Computer Specifications
    HP OMEN PC
    Ryzen 5 2600 (6 cores, 12 threads @ 4.2GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
    8GB DDR4
    128GB Samsung M.2 (OS + Software)
    1TB Toshiba HDD (Games, Large Files, etc.)

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    All 4 layers are covered:
    • Realtime etc: Eset
    • Firewall: Eset
    • Web browser: via Pihole, HTTPS Everywhere
    • Backup: Aomei

My advice:
    • Consider adding Scriptsafe to your web browser
    • As long as you know which settings to use when both Syshardener and H-C are active you should be fine
    • I'd out down the exact version of ESET in the Real Time section

Thanks for sharing your config.

~LDogg

Raiden

Level 13
    Verified
    Content Creator
    Is H_C compatible with SysHardener? :giggle:
    It's a bit of a yes/no. I run both of them, but the vast majority of settings within Syshardener are disabled (since H_C covers them already) except the firewall rules and a few that @Andy Ful suggested I keep on. I did ask him this exact question, so he walked me through it, but I think going forward H_C will have some of those features, so at some point Syshardener will not be needed at all, but @Andy Ful can clarify this better than I can.(y)

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 27
    Verified
    It's a bit of a yes/no. I run both of them, but the vast majority of settings within Syshardener are disabled (since H_C covers them already) except the firewall rules and a few that @Andy Ful suggested I keep on. I did ask him this exact question, so he walked me through it, but I think going forward H_C will have some of those features moving forward I believe, so at some point Syshardener will not be needed at all, but @Andy Ful can clarify this better than I can.(y)
    Thank you @Raiden. I've been thinking about that combo for a few days, that's why I asked.:giggle:

Threadripper

Level 7
    Regarding SysHardener and Hard_Configurator I make sure to run the latter last, as it detects the current settings. SysHardener does most with some really tight settings and H_C tidies up some loose ends, both amazing pieces of software.

All 4 layers are covered:
    • Realtime etc: Eset
    • Firewall: Eset
    • Web browser: via Pihole, HTTPS Everywhere
    • Backup: Aomei
    My advice:
    • Consider adding Scriptsafe to your web browser
    • As long as you know which settings to use when both Syshardener and H-C are active you should be fine
    • I'd out down the exact version of ESET in the Real Time section
    Thanks for sharing your config.

~LDogg
    Thanks for your recommendations but I tend to avoid NoScript/ScriptSafe/similar because you spend half your time making websites work and half your time doing what you actually set out to do. If anything happens in my browser, no history is ever stored and first party cookies last until I close the window.

Threadripper

Level 7
    Hi @Threadripper , you can add ZAM Free to your configuration for Virus and Malware Removal tools, the new Beta version is full of new powerful features to defeat threats.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for your recommendation, my on-demand scanners are all portable and I don't feel like installing the beta version of a program which has no portable version. Should a portable version be released I may reconsider this.

Reactions: bribon77

harlan4096

Level 61
    Verified
    Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    I think ZAM 3 beta still is not stable and finished enough to use in a standard system, also lacks of many customize settings (specific folders) to scan, and I have been performing tests with it and ignores the scanning for malware in many risky system folders, so I don't recommend it for now...

JM Safe

From Zemana
    Verified
    Developer

JM Safe

From Zemana
    Verified
    Developer
    I think ZAM 3 beta still is not stable and finished enough to use in a standard system, also lacks of many customize settings (specific folders) to scan, and I have been performing tests with it and ignores the scanning for malware in many risky system folders, so I don't recommend it for now...
    Hey harlan (and all users),

ZAM 3.0 Beta right now can detect running processes and processes which have potential to run, not files that sit on the disk, like on desktop or appdata. ZAM 3.0 Beta can detect processes, drivers, startup directories, registry autostart, browser hijackers that could spoil browser searching etc.

Guys, if you want to test ZAM 3.0 Beta (obviously in a secure and isolated VM with VPN and all security measures to prevent infections on your real machine) you can for example download some fresh EXE malware samples or for example malware that create registry autostart locations and then you can start with Smart Scan and test it. Thank you guys! :)

Threadripper

Level 7
    Removed VoodooShield: Slowed down the opening of task manager and I have a bit of a love and hate relationship with it.

Added Blackbird: Hands down the best Windows debloater, everything is fast.

Switched from GeForce Experience to TinyNVIDIAUpdateChecker: Experience's graphic setting recommendations were insanely high or low and never ran well, I also avoid a large chunk of telemetry this way.

Reactions: harlan4096

Threadripper

Level 7
    Do you have a link to this Blackbird program?

~LDogg
    Blackbird

Make sure you create a restore point if not a full backup, it's rather aggressive. You can also backup settings in the program itself and it can revert everything it changed back to what it was before if you have issues. I'd also recommend letting it "scan" so you can see options and things it will disable, just to be on the safe side.

Threadripper

Level 7
    Added VoodooShield Pro back, that slowdown occurs when you add a VoodooShield password and try to open task manager or the other apps it protects with that password and it displays the prompt before/after UAC. Haven't added a password this time, Aggressive AutoPilot working well.

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    Added VoodooShield Pro back, that slowdown occurs when you add a VoodooShield password and try to open task manager or the other apps it protects with that password and it displays the prompt before/after UAC. Haven't added a password this time, Aggressive AutoPilot working well.
    Great addition for your computer! It's very light on the system as well!

~LDogg

Reactions: Threadripper