ThreatSniper v.1.0.9.376

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Just found a thread about this tool on Wilders and thought it would be worth sharing here.

In a security incident, time is everything. ThreatSniper speeds up the initial investigation process by presenting the analyst with a wealth of relevant information in a streamlined, time-saving layout, rather than having to use the following tools and features separately:

● Task manager
● Netstat
● VirusTotal lookups (for both files and IP addresses)
● Whois
● Smart hostname lookups
● Air-gapped mode: use any smartphone to perform real-time malware checks on an air-gapped / offline machine

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Got it. Nice tool. Thanks
One security vendor flagged the exe as malicious in Virus Total!

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for the heads up about this, this could be very useful. It would be even better if you could resize the window, it seems to be stuck on the default size.

I use MT far more than Wilders so I may well have missed this there, or perhaps I should spend more time there! SSShhh don't tell the mods here I said that! If anyone has a secret way to gain an extra few hours in each day I'd appreciate knowing what it is.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up about this, this could be very useful. It would be even better if you could resize the window, it seems to be stuck on the default size.

I use MT far more than Wilders so I may well have missed this there, or perhaps I should spend more time there! SSShhh don't tell the mods here I said that! If anyone has a secret way to gain an extra few hours in each day I'd appreciate knowing what it is.
I just scroll through the latest replies on Wilders from time to time. MT is my home after all. 😄

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
For some reason, it does not show data from VirusTotal. What am I doing wrong? :rolleyes:
View attachment 257777

Same for me with some processes...
I had that happen to me when I first ran ThreatSniper. I checked my connections so I knew it wasn't them, I restarted the program and it connected to VirusTotal OK after that. Hope that works for you as well. Do your firewalls allow it to access the internet?

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I had that happen to me when I first ran ThreatSniper. I checked my connections so I knew it wasn't them, I restarted the program and it connected to VirusTotal OK after that. Hope that works for you as well. Do your firewalls allow it to access the internet?
Doesn't help... I think I'll stick with System Explorer or Process Explorer. 😄

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
The VirusTotal results that I get which suggest an issue (1/74) are all for security type programs - SpyShelter, CF, Windscribe, SurfShark, F-Secure and Threatsniper itself. Yes, there are two VPNs and two firewalls in that list, I swapped them over to see if anything was flagged from a second product after I saw that the first one had one negative result.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.