Q&A Tiny Wall no longer works on Build 17063

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jul 5, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I found out today that I can no longer install TinyWall in the latest insider build of Windows 10.
Build 17063.

So now as of today I have two of my programs that no longer work with build. TinyWall and there is no further development on this and Shadow Defender. (n)

May 8, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Sophos
Seems that there is a problems between TinyWall/Shadow Defender with your latest Windows 10 Insider build :( Why you're using Windows 10 Insider on your main pc, not to install it in a VM ?

Jul 5, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Malwarebytes
Seems that there is a problems between TinyWall/Shadow Defender with your latest Windows 10 Insider build :( Why you're using Windows 10 Insider on your main pc, not to install it in a VM ?
I have backup for older builds. I use Enterprise eval in my VM

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Verified
May 16, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
I found out today that I can no longer install TinyWall in the latest insider build of Windows 10.
Build 17063.

So now as of today I have two of my programs that no longer work with build. TinyWall and there is no further development on this and Shadow Defender. (n)
This is expected when you use insiders builds, those builds break security software all the time.

Jul 5, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Malwarebytes
This is expected when you use insiders builds, those builds break security software all the time.
Yup but the way I see it is if software is going to survive, they need to make needed adjustments to keep up with MS, otherwise go down the tubes.
AS far as Tiny goes, I knew once MS screwed that up, I was done with it because it's development stopped years ago.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm running Windows 10 LTSB in part not to break things.

New features mean new bugs and compatibility issues. I've seen no compelling reason yet to move to the Current Branch.

AlennGK

Feb 7, 2018
Operating System
Windows 10
W10 - first installation of TinyWall
Status: unknown, no internet connection and cannot open UI or something from icon in systemtray!