ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Some of us still remember Tiny Watcher? Today author of TW posted on Wilders such info
Main changes in TW 2.0 will be:
- 64bit for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
- scanner for Task Scheduler 2.0
- standardized way to configure the scan (e.g. recommended scanned item lists can be exchanged on this forum easily)
- some readability enhancements (so seeing what changed is a bit easier)

Finally, I am considering opening the (C++) source code on GitHub. I am not sure how much collaborative work can be expected from that, but it will have the usual pros & cons, the biggest "pro" being the added transparency (so anyone can verify what TW is doing on your system), and its counterpart biggest "con" being the easier job for hackers to exploit any vulnerability in this code.
It's great idea and perhaps there are some older users of TW which would like to test such new version and perhaps new ones which would like to know this excellent tool :)
From some time old version it's already not avaliable to download from official page but the review and download link you can find here

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
A few weeks of development and currently we have already TW test version 2.0.7.1. There is a lot of changes and improvements comparing to v. 1.5 but no official anouncement so I can present only such screenshot :cool:

201227173006_1.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.