tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
this is my security configuration.just want to tell you that i want to keep it as light as possible because i have five and half years old laptop

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
i use windows firewall with eset and my router has a build in firewall( i think ) but to tell you the truth i don't have any crashes and my laptop with this config is running fast enough

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check that you have latest updates (SP3) for Office 2007 or check via Windows Updates. Simple config.

What backup and recovery options do you have available?
For example: A system image or recovery discs.

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
as i mentioned above i use only usb for backing up only some important files.if something serious happen i shall do a format of the drive and reinstall windows.i must tell you that i haven't done a format for more than 2 years and i think the time is closing to do so.after that be sure that i will ask you for a back up or image software ;)

Reactions: Logethica

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
removed eset install comodo antivirus 7 some small issues but so far looking good;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
i just have installed for over an hour so i can't tell much about it but tomorrow i will tell you more. as far as lightness until now it doesn't seem to slow down my laptop;) which is more than 5 years old:confused::)
p.s.: i left it on default settings and let's see what happens

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Update
Upgrade Comodo to version 8 and tried on default settings for a few days.
Added Slimjet x64 browser as an alternative to PaleMoon.
So far i like Slimjet i think it's lighter than Chrome;)
PaleMoon after update to v.25 i have some freezing and it's not flash player problem.

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Update
Upgrade Comodo to version 8 and tried on default settings for a few days.
Added Slimjet x64 browser as an alternative to PaleMoon.
So far i like Slimjet i think ti's lighter than Chrome;)
PaleMoon after update to v.25 i have some freezing and it's not flash player problem.
SlimJet is a very good browser i like it a lot. I use it and Cyberfox as my main browsers. :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
frogboy yes slimjet is good and i am thinking also to switch to cyberfox but not sure yet because until v.25 Palemoon was the most stable browser i have ever used.
I am waiting new update that may solve my problem;)

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Wow, your firewall is active all, whether frequent crashes or your computer is running very slow?
advice from a newbie, use only one firewall :)
I think that all of us use 2 firewalls (hardware + software firewall). I think that you missed that he use Comodo Antivirus not Comodo Internet Security :) Greetings @Adhit Prakosho :) Oh sorry Adhit i now see he's using ESET and on config page it is Comodo AV...however software + hardware firewall is not overkill

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.