Pro
Primary sign-in
Primary user
Windows UAC
Default - notify when programs attempt to make changes
Real-time protection
360 TSE, VS PRO
Software firewall
Provided by a third-party security vendor. Refer to 'Real-time protection' for details.
Malware testing
No malware samples
Periodic security scanners
Zemana AntiMalware Premium
Browsers, Search and Addons
Cent x64:AdBlocker Ultimate, EagleGet
Maintenance and Cleaning
Wise Disk Cleaner
Personal backup routine
Device backup routine

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
jamescv7 until now i am happy with CCleaner but just wanted to try something else.Since i encountered these problems i will stick with CCleaner which definitely does a good job.
Thanks for your opinion ;)

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Update:
Removed CCleaner and installed Wise Care Free 365,so far so good

I've been using it for 2 weeks and it's feels so amazing.I don't know if can mention this here,but.....

Majorgeeks had some sweet giveaways during the Christmas season and one of them was a fully activated Wise Care 365 Pro.As long as you don't update it,you have access to all of the functions + all of the added features....

Wise Care.jpg

^This one is installed on my home PC.I managed to create a portable version and have that on my USB stick....Been cleaning out corporate and home PC's left and right with the thing.

Is there a way we can share the file? I could send it to you,so you could try out.Maybe an FTP of sorts?

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Hello guys i have made a huge update since i was having problems during the holidays.
UAC: default
Real time protection: Windows Defender ( i am looking to try something else just can't decide:p)
Back up: Macrium Reflect Free ( thanks frogboy and donetao for the tip;))
Browsers:Cyberfox x64, Slimjet x64, MxNitro
Other software: Revo uninstaller Pro, Bandzip.

I have been using W 8.1 for a week and so far i like it.
As the days go buy i will install more software and make my config more complete. I am opened for suggestions:)

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Update
Removed: MxNitro ( good but still in early stages and needs work )
Macrium Reflect Free ( i have Windows in usb so i believe i am covered )
Added: Emsisoft Anti-Malware ( MT giveaway:D )
CCleaner
Zemana AntiMalware Beta ( lifetime license :D )

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I think it's ok but i am considering adding LastPass ,MBAM Free and maybe another backup program like Aomei One Key.
I will decide next week;)

Reactions: Logethica
S

Sr. Normal

I think it's ok but i am considering adding LastPass ,MBAM Free and maybe another backup program like Aomei One Key.
I will decide next week;)

I did not knew LastPass and has happened to me as SlimJet , which has been a real find.Thanks. :)

I have on my computer w7 , Voyager , and Manjaro Elementary Os in each system a minimum of 2 browsers, LastPass for me is a tool not only safe , if not very handy,is in all my browsers , why ?, you configure it only one time and you fit all browsers.
Try it for free , and you can see that it is very comfortable.

Greetings friend :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
After a long time i updated my config.
The last few days i tried some programs that other members recommend.

I installed Sumatra PDF, MS Office 2007 (on external HDD), MBAM, VLC Media Player and uBlock.

The one i installed and find very useful is Shadow Defender:D. Very good security software and also very light on my old laptop;):).

Other programs that i tried but in the end were uninstalled are:
MBAE: offers a good level of security but i experienced browsing slowdown:(

Citrio browser: heavy on system, my fan was working overtime, it had 8 services running but i was only watching MT:confused::(

7 Star browser: much lighter than Citrio but Emsisoft AM gave me 5 alerts (2 or 3 where red) when i was installing it:eek:

EagleGet Download manager: it doesn't work on Cyberfox x64. I even did uninstall-reinstall but again it didn't work:(
but it does work on IE 11;). In the end i rarely use IE so i don't need EagleGet.

The last thing i want to tell you is that in February i did an upgrade on my laptop.
I installed Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB:D. Now Windows open in about 10-15 seconds:) and my laptop is as good as a new one;)
The old HDD i kept it as an external HDD:)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

I installed Sumatra PDF, MS Office 2007 (on external HDD), MBAM, VLC Media Player and uBlock.

The one i installed and find very useful is Shadow Defender:D. Very good security software and also very light on my old laptop;):).

Citrio browser: heavy on system, my fan was working overtime, it had 8 services running but i was only watching MT:confused::(

7 Star browser: much lighter than Citrio but Emsisoft AM gave me 5 alerts (2 or 3 where red) when i was installing it:eek:

EagleGet Download manager: it doesn't work on Cyberfox x64. I even did uninstall-reinstall but again it didn't work:(
but it does work on IE 11;). In the end i rarely use IE so i don't need EagleGet.

The last thing i want to tell you is that in February i did an upgrade on my laptop.
I installed Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB:D. Now Windows open in about 10-15 seconds:) and my laptop is as good as a new one;)
Shadow Defender is great isn't it, i would like to try a SSD one day as you make it sound very good and fast. ;):D

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@frogboy yes Shadow Defender is great not only as a security program to protect from malware
but it's good also for testing other software;)

When i tried Citrio and 7 Star i had Shadow mode enabled so when i decided that i don't want them i did a restart and Shadow Defender
took care of them and it didn't left any trace :D, that is just great:).

As for the SSD if you have the money go for it. My laptop is 6 1/2 years old and it works great,
i dare to say better even from the first day:D.
As you read i can surf in the internet in under 20 seconds:)
With Windows 7 and the old HDD i was waiting 45 seconds and more for the laptop to open.
p.s.: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB has 5 years warranty :D i think that is also great:)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top poster
Apr 12, 2015

A very very amazing update, congrats bro :D

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Update
Removed: Emsisoft AM. My wife had browsing slowdown with AVG IS so i removed it and installed in her pc Emsisoft AM
Bye bye Emsisoft :(. After a tweaking her pc is running smooth:).
Also removed uBlock

Added: Kaspersky AV. So far it's running smooth, no browsing slowdown and the boot is very quick about the same
with Emsisoft. Full scan was quick less than 9 minutes.
Also added Adguard add-on on Cyberfox. I like it it's light:)

p.s.: I wanted for years to try Kaspersky but when i was heaving W7 always something was going wrong and couldn't
operate the way it was supposed to do.
So now i am very happy that i can use it:).
Kaspersky was the only AV i haven't used from the more known security companies all this years.
I hope it will perform well