Pro
    Version or Build no.
    System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    360 TSE, VS PRO
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Zemana AntiMalware Premium
    Browsers and Extensions
    Cent x64:AdBlocker Ultimate, EagleGet
    Password Managers
  • none
  • System Utilities
    Wise Disk Cleaner
    Frequency of Data backups
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally

StriderHunterX

Level 4
    Verified
    Update:
    Removed CCleaner and installed Wise Care Free 365,so far so good
    I've been using it for 2 weeks and it's feels so amazing.I don't know if can mention this here,but.....

Majorgeeks had some sweet giveaways during the Christmas season and one of them was a fully activated Wise Care 365 Pro.As long as you don't update it,you have access to all of the functions + all of the added features....

Wise Care.jpg

^This one is installed on my home PC.I managed to create a portable version and have that on my USB stick....Been cleaning out corporate and home PC's left and right with the thing.

Is there a way we can share the file? I could send it to you,so you could try out.Maybe an FTP of sorts?

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
    Verified
    Trusted
    Hello guys i have made a huge update since i was having problems during the holidays.
    UAC: default
    Real time protection: Windows Defender ( i am looking to try something else just can't decide:p)
    Back up: Macrium Reflect Free ( thanks frogboy and donetao for the tip;))
    Browsers:Cyberfox x64, Slimjet x64, MxNitro
    Other software: Revo uninstaller Pro, Bandzip.

I have been using W 8.1 for a week and so far i like it.
    As the days go buy i will install more software and make my config more complete. I am opened for suggestions:)

tonibalas

Level 40
    Verified
    Trusted
    Update
    Removed: MxNitro ( good but still in early stages and needs work )
    Macrium Reflect Free ( i have Windows in usb so i believe i am covered )
    Added: Emsisoft Anti-Malware ( MT giveaway:D )
    CCleaner
    Zemana AntiMalware Beta ( lifetime license :D )

tonibalas

Level 40
    Verified
    Trusted
    I think it's ok but i am considering adding LastPass ,MBAM Free and maybe another backup program like Aomei One Key.
    I will decide next week;)

Reactions: Logethica
    S

Sr. Normal

I think it's ok but i am considering adding LastPass ,MBAM Free and maybe another backup program like Aomei One Key.
    I will decide next week;)
    I did not knew LastPass and has happened to me as SlimJet , which has been a real find.Thanks. :)

I have on my computer w7 , Voyager , and Manjaro Elementary Os in each system a minimum of 2 browsers, LastPass for me is a tool not only safe , if not very handy,is in all my browsers , why ?, you configure it only one time and you fit all browsers.
    Try it for free , and you can see that it is very comfortable.

Greetings friend :)

tonibalas

Level 40
    Verified
    Trusted
    After a long time i updated my config.
    The last few days i tried some programs that other members recommend.

I installed Sumatra PDF, MS Office 2007 (on external HDD), MBAM, VLC Media Player and uBlock.

The one i installed and find very useful is Shadow Defender:D. Very good security software and also very light on my old laptop;):).

Other programs that i tried but in the end were uninstalled are:
    MBAE: offers a good level of security but i experienced browsing slowdown:(

Citrio browser: heavy on system, my fan was working overtime, it had 8 services running but i was only watching MT:confused::(

7 Star browser: much lighter than Citrio but Emsisoft AM gave me 5 alerts (2 or 3 where red) when i was installing it:eek:

EagleGet Download manager: it doesn't work on Cyberfox x64. I even did uninstall-reinstall but again it didn't work:(
    but it does work on IE 11;). In the end i rarely use IE so i don't need EagleGet.

The last thing i want to tell you is that in February i did an upgrade on my laptop.
    I installed Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB:D. Now Windows open in about 10-15 seconds:) and my laptop is as good as a new one;)
    The old HDD i kept it as an external HDD:)

frogboy

Level 75
    Verified
    Trusted

I installed Sumatra PDF, MS Office 2007 (on external HDD), MBAM, VLC Media Player and uBlock.

The one i installed and find very useful is Shadow Defender:D. Very good security software and also very light on my old laptop;):).

Citrio browser: heavy on system, my fan was working overtime, it had 8 services running but i was only watching MT:confused::(

7 Star browser: much lighter than Citrio but Emsisoft AM gave me 5 alerts (2 or 3 where red) when i was installing it:eek:

EagleGet Download manager: it doesn't work on Cyberfox x64. I even did uninstall-reinstall but again it didn't work:(
    but it does work on IE 11;). In the end i rarely use IE so i don't need EagleGet.

The last thing i want to tell you is that in February i did an upgrade on my laptop.
    I installed Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB:D. Now Windows open in about 10-15 seconds:) and my laptop is as good as a new one;)
    Shadow Defender is great isn't it, i would like to try a SSD one day as you make it sound very good and fast. ;):D

tonibalas

Level 40
    Verified
    Trusted
    @frogboy yes Shadow Defender is great not only as a security program to protect from malware
    but it's good also for testing other software;)

When i tried Citrio and 7 Star i had Shadow mode enabled so when i decided that i don't want them i did a restart and Shadow Defender
    took care of them and it didn't left any trace :D, that is just great:).

As for the SSD if you have the money go for it. My laptop is 6 1/2 years old and it works great,
    i dare to say better even from the first day:D.
    As you read i can surf in the internet in under 20 seconds:)
    With Windows 7 and the old HDD i was waiting 45 seconds and more for the laptop to open.
    p.s.: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB has 5 years warranty :D i think that is also great:)

JM Safe

Level 38
    Verified

A very very amazing update, congrats bro :D

tonibalas

Level 40
    Verified
    Trusted
    Update
    Removed: Emsisoft AM. My wife had browsing slowdown with AVG IS so i removed it and installed in her pc Emsisoft AM
    Bye bye Emsisoft :(. After a tweaking her pc is running smooth:).
    Also removed uBlock

Added: Kaspersky AV. So far it's running smooth, no browsing slowdown and the boot is very quick about the same
    with Emsisoft. Full scan was quick less than 9 minutes.
    Also added Adguard add-on on Cyberfox. I like it it's light:)

p.s.: I wanted for years to try Kaspersky but when i was heaving W7 always something was going wrong and couldn't
    operate the way it was supposed to do.
    So now i am very happy that i can use it:).
    Kaspersky was the only AV i haven't used from the more known security companies all this years.
    I hope it will perform well