tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
jamescv7 until now i am happy with CCleaner but just wanted to try something else.Since i encountered these problems i will stick with CCleaner which definitely does a good job.
Thanks for your opinion ;)

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Update:
Removed CCleaner and installed Wise Care Free 365,so far so good

I've been using it for 2 weeks and it's feels so amazing.I don't know if can mention this here,but.....

Majorgeeks had some sweet giveaways during the Christmas season and one of them was a fully activated Wise Care 365 Pro.As long as you don't update it,you have access to all of the functions + all of the added features....

Wise Care.jpg

^This one is installed on my home PC.I managed to create a portable version and have that on my USB stick....Been cleaning out corporate and home PC's left and right with the thing.

Is there a way we can share the file? I could send it to you,so you could try out.Maybe an FTP of sorts?

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Hello guys i have made a huge update since i was having problems during the holidays.
UAC: default
Real time protection: Windows Defender ( i am looking to try something else just can't decide:p)
Back up: Macrium Reflect Free ( thanks frogboy and donetao for the tip;))
Browsers:Cyberfox x64, Slimjet x64, MxNitro
Other software: Revo uninstaller Pro, Bandzip.

I have been using W 8.1 for a week and so far i like it.
As the days go buy i will install more software and make my config more complete. I am opened for suggestions:)

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Update
Removed: MxNitro ( good but still in early stages and needs work )
Macrium Reflect Free ( i have Windows in usb so i believe i am covered )
Added: Emsisoft Anti-Malware ( MT giveaway:D )
CCleaner
Zemana AntiMalware Beta ( lifetime license :D )

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I think it's ok but i am considering adding LastPass ,MBAM Free and maybe another backup program like Aomei One Key.
I will decide next week;)

Reactions: Logethica
S

Sr. Normal

I think it's ok but i am considering adding LastPass ,MBAM Free and maybe another backup program like Aomei One Key.
I will decide next week;)

I did not knew LastPass and has happened to me as SlimJet , which has been a real find.Thanks. :)

I have on my computer w7 , Voyager , and Manjaro Elementary Os in each system a minimum of 2 browsers, LastPass for me is a tool not only safe , if not very handy,is in all my browsers , why ?, you configure it only one time and you fit all browsers.
Try it for free , and you can see that it is very comfortable.

Greetings friend :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
After a long time i updated my config.
The last few days i tried some programs that other members recommend.

I installed Sumatra PDF, MS Office 2007 (on external HDD), MBAM, VLC Media Player and uBlock.

The one i installed and find very useful is Shadow Defender:D. Very good security software and also very light on my old laptop;):).

Other programs that i tried but in the end were uninstalled are:
MBAE: offers a good level of security but i experienced browsing slowdown:(

Citrio browser: heavy on system, my fan was working overtime, it had 8 services running but i was only watching MT:confused::(

7 Star browser: much lighter than Citrio but Emsisoft AM gave me 5 alerts (2 or 3 where red) when i was installing it:eek:

EagleGet Download manager: it doesn't work on Cyberfox x64. I even did uninstall-reinstall but again it didn't work:(
but it does work on IE 11;). In the end i rarely use IE so i don't need EagleGet.

The last thing i want to tell you is that in February i did an upgrade on my laptop.
I installed Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB:D. Now Windows open in about 10-15 seconds:) and my laptop is as good as a new one;)
The old HDD i kept it as an external HDD:)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

I installed Sumatra PDF, MS Office 2007 (on external HDD), MBAM, VLC Media Player and uBlock.

The one i installed and find very useful is Shadow Defender:D. Very good security software and also very light on my old laptop;):).

Citrio browser: heavy on system, my fan was working overtime, it had 8 services running but i was only watching MT:confused::(

7 Star browser: much lighter than Citrio but Emsisoft AM gave me 5 alerts (2 or 3 where red) when i was installing it:eek:

EagleGet Download manager: it doesn't work on Cyberfox x64. I even did uninstall-reinstall but again it didn't work:(
but it does work on IE 11;). In the end i rarely use IE so i don't need EagleGet.

The last thing i want to tell you is that in February i did an upgrade on my laptop.
I installed Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB:D. Now Windows open in about 10-15 seconds:) and my laptop is as good as a new one;)
Shadow Defender is great isn't it, i would like to try a SSD one day as you make it sound very good and fast. ;):D

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@frogboy yes Shadow Defender is great not only as a security program to protect from malware
but it's good also for testing other software;)

When i tried Citrio and 7 Star i had Shadow mode enabled so when i decided that i don't want them i did a restart and Shadow Defender
took care of them and it didn't left any trace :D, that is just great:).

As for the SSD if you have the money go for it. My laptop is 6 1/2 years old and it works great,
i dare to say better even from the first day:D.
As you read i can surf in the internet in under 20 seconds:)
With Windows 7 and the old HDD i was waiting 45 seconds and more for the laptop to open.
p.s.: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120 GB has 5 years warranty :D i think that is also great:)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015

A very very amazing update, congrats bro :D

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Update
Removed: Emsisoft AM. My wife had browsing slowdown with AVG IS so i removed it and installed in her pc Emsisoft AM
Bye bye Emsisoft :(. After a tweaking her pc is running smooth:).
Also removed uBlock

Added: Kaspersky AV. So far it's running smooth, no browsing slowdown and the boot is very quick about the same
with Emsisoft. Full scan was quick less than 9 minutes.
Also added Adguard add-on on Cyberfox. I like it it's light:)

p.s.: I wanted for years to try Kaspersky but when i was heaving W7 always something was going wrong and couldn't
operate the way it was supposed to do.
So now i am very happy that i can use it:).
Kaspersky was the only AV i haven't used from the more known security companies all this years.
I hope it will perform well

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.