Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge: N/A.
Internet Explorer: Norton IdentitySafe.
Vivaldi: uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Norton Toolbar, Norton IdentitySafe and Norton Default Search Engine.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Windows Disk Clean-up, Norton Security, Revo Uninstaller (MT Giveaway), Internet Download Manager (MT Giveaway).
File and Photo backup
OneDrive and File History
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey so do you think I need all these things I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Exploit, and Avast Free real-time. Hitmanpro and AdwareCleaner if I think there may be something else and CCleaner as my optimizer.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Hey so do you think I need all these things I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Exploit, and Avast Free real-time. Hitmanpro and AdwareCleaner if I think there may be something else and CCleaner as my optimizer.
@J Gamez065 That excellent Avast! is your main Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will detect anything that is missed by Avast! and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will shield browsers, Flash Players and Java :)

You could add Zemana Anti-Malware Free which you can use to scan your computer, it is like HitmanPro but 100% free and it uses over 5 Anti-Virus engines.

You should post your configuration here: Security Configuration Wizard

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Thinking of Avira, CIS seems to miss quite a lot and Avira looks really good, what do you think?

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
The current version of Avira has a known compatibility issue on Win 10. On some computers (not all) that are running Win 10, Avira will continue to remind you that Avira should be updated to be compatible with WIn 10.

I heard that this bug is related to some system API of Win 10, and Avira is contacting with Microsoft on this issue.

Since you are using Win 10, I think you could wait for the next version of Avira, which should repair this problem.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Do you enable all engines for manual scan only or real time protection for Qihoo 360 Total Security?
Manual scan only, all engines on real-time would probably crash my system :p

Did you change to Q360TS based solely on detection rates?
(I know COMODO Antivirus always had mediocre to decent detection rates)
Comodo was slowing my system and... like why @Umbra changed it, it seems just... I can't explain it but I just slowly began to dislike it the more I used it, 360 has a ton of FP's...

Last edited by a moderator:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Comodo was slowing my system and... like why @Umbra changed it, it seems just... I can't explain it but I just slowly began to dislike it the more I used it, 360 has a ton of FP's...
Hmm. I see. CIS/CFW just tend to cause distress to many users. :D

Also... your current config, although great in terms of detection, is mostly limited to signature-based detection (which might be ineffective against newly-emerging threats), lacking other security measures such as anti-executable software (e.g. NVT EXE Radar Pro, BRN AppGuard, Excubits Bouncer, etc), sandbox software (e.g. Sandboxie), full system sandboxing software (e.g. Shadow Defender) or even regular HIPS (e.g. Privatefirewall, COMODO Firewall, Outpost Firewall, etc).
Now, if you are feeling confident and comfortable with your set of security layers, then by all means, you're good to go! :p
It's just surprising that most of the software you currently use, utilize signature-based scanning technologies as their main security features, and lack advanced features such as the ones mentioned above. (without taking the sandbox of Q360TS, UAC and SmartScreen into consideration, of course)

Do you think you would need to implement software that utilize advanced security technologies, into your setup? (for example, software that incorporate anti-executable security mechanisms in their featureset)

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
@DracusNarcrym ZAM and 360 uses cloud (apart from BD and Avira engine within it), Anti-Executables - there aren't that many that get my attention Voodoo Shield disables UAC and uses too may resources, NVT EXE Radar is in BETA and AppGuard is not free...

@illumination Thanks for your help but I don't use WD anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.