Advanced Plus Security toto_10's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Feb 18, 2025
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
TP Link + AdGuard Home
Real-time protection
Windows Security
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Microsoft Defender
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser (NPE)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge:
  • uBlock Origin Lite
  • AdGuard Extra
  • Dark Reader
  • Proton Pass
  • Windscribe
Secure DNS
Cloudflare
Desktop VPN
Windscribe
Password and passkey manager
Proton Pass
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Portable - Internet connection blocked in Windows Firewall
File and photo backups
External Hard Drive
OneDrive
Subscriptions
    • Microsoft OneDrive 100GB
System recovery
Windows 11 Backup and Recovery Tools
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Computer specs
Motherboard > ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II
CPU > AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU > Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060
RAM > 32 GB DDR4-3600MHz Corsair
SSD > Samsung SSD 990 PRO 1TB
Notable changes
Mar 13, 2025
Added uBlock Origin Lite
Removed AdGuard AdBlocker (MV2)
Feb 18, 2025
A couple of changes, see post
Feb 20, 2024
Added AdGuard Extra, Bitdefender TrafficLight
Removed Malwarebytes Browser Guard
Changed DNS provider to Cloudflare
Feb 16, 2024
Added flags for Edge
Feb 11, 2024
Security configuration updated
Apr 06, 2023
Changed AdGuard & Quad9 to Cisco Umbrella DNS/OpenDNS
Apr 03, 2023
Security configuration updated
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Nice config. Could you rename your config to "toto's Security Configuration 2023" or something similar? So that people know that it's yours.
Done, thanks (y)
You are still on ConfigureDefender | HIGH settings ?
I don't understand your DNS settings: System-wide: Quad9 Windows: AdGuard DNS.
Windows = System-wide ?
I'm not using ConfigureDefender anymore. Windows Defender is pretty much on deafult with a few tweaks. By system-wide I meant router. It's changed now in my config.
 
Added
Flags for Edge
#block-insecure-private-network-requests - Enabled
#clipboard-unsanitized-content - Disabled
#disallow-doc-written-script-loads - Enabled
#edge-automatic-https - Enabled
#edge-basic-toolbar-titlebar - Enabled
#edge-browser-essentials-button-hover-feature - Disabled
#edge-digsig-enabled-pdf - Enabled
#edge-experimental-tracking-prevention-features - Enabled
#edge-haptics-api - Disabled
#edge-log-textfield-lag - Disabled
#edge-minimal-toolbar - Enabled
#edge-msb-all-dse - Disabled
#edge-project-kodiak - Enabled
#edge-project-kodiak-look-and-feel - Enabled
#edge-project-kodiak-policy-filter - Enabled
#edge-show-feature-recommendations - Disabled
#edge-visual-rejuv-mica - Enabled
#enable-quic - Disabled
#enable-webrtc-hide-local-ips-with-mdns - Enabled
#heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations - Enabled
#strict-origin-isolation - Enabled
#storage-buckets - Enabled
#third-party-storage-partitioning - Enabled
 
I actually do visit a specific domain that is on the list.

I have been testing it for a couple of days and haven't seen any ads. I will not reveal which website it is as I don't want the website to fix it 😅

But you are right, the purpose of the extension is only relevant for a very limited number of domains.
 
I am trying out Windscribes (extension) with build in uBlock Origin ad blocker with my same filters as I used in AdGuard.

Are there any pros/cons using it like this?

 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top