Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Error code 80002 on advanced settings tab. ---> can't change settings ---> losing connection to the router everytime the error code occurs
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Router reset, router restart, freshly configured the router on multiple different devices (via. WiFi, Thether app and LAN),
Changed the routers IP
Hey guys,

today my new modem router from TP-Link arrived. It's the Archer Vr 2100v and the setup went pretty smoothly. Now after I thought every basic settings are configured, I tried to access the advanced settings of the TP-Link dashboard. But everytime I access the advanced settings page in my browser, I get the error code 80002 (Unknown Error). After that I always lose connection to my router and I cant access it again until I restart my router. Still, even after restart the same problem occurs over and over again and that is pretty annoying as for example the DNS-settings, FIrewall-settings or Firmware-update-settings are in the advanced settings tab of my router.

Does anybody else use a TP-Link router and faced similar problems?

PS: I already tried to reset my router twice and configured it again on different devices (LAN and WiFi). Still the same issues...

Thank you guys in advance!

Screenshot 2021-11-20 170644.png

Meltsy

Jan 29, 2022
Hello @SecureKongo,
we had the exact same problem when we bought this router. The solution was to upgrade it manually to a newer firmware, but with the current firmware we couldn't access the advanced options to upgrade it in the first place. To overcome the issue we changed the mode from DSL modem to WLAN router. It seemed like the modem got overloaded and led to the error message 80002. After we changed the mode, it was possible to access the advanced options and upgrade the firmware. Just for reference, our router came with the firware version 210719 and after upgrading it to the newest version 211104 we didnt have any more problems with the router and web interface. Here's the link: Download for Archer VR2100v | TP-Link. Hope I could help you and others with this problem!

Upvote 0

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hello @SecureKongo,
we had the exact same problem when we bought this router. The solution was to upgrade it manually to a newer firmware, but with the current firmware we couldn't access the advanced options to upgrade it in the first place. To overcome the issue we changed the mode from DSL modem to WLAN router. It seemed like the modem got overloaded and led to the error message 80002. After we changed the mode, it was possible to access the advanced options and upgrade the firmware. Just for reference, our router came with the firware version 210719 and after upgrading it to the newest version 211104 we didnt have any more problems with the router and web interface. Here's the link: Download for Archer VR2100v | TP-Link. Hope I could help you and others with this problem!
Thanks a lot for letting me know but I got another router now and really don't regret it. :)

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.