Advice Request TP-Link VR300

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Hi guys, I'm looking to change my old TP-Link adsl router and get a new one. I'm honestly looking for a budget reliable router and I came across the TP-LINK VR300 which is priced at 78$ in my country. Has anyone used this router before and what are your other budget adsl router recommendations? PS. I'm looking to spend 70 to 80$ max and thanx. Max and thanx hehe nice one 👍 😉😋

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
I have not used that model, But I have the Archer AX72 .
If you can squeeze another few bucks out of your budget Archer AX72 is worth it...

Reactions: Sorrento

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
I have not used that model, But I have the Archer AX72 .
If you can squeeze another few bucks out of your budget Archer AX72 is worth it...

This model is not available in my country but the VR600 ac 1600 is available and I read that it uses a broadcom chipset unlike the VR300 which uses a mediatek chipset. Is the mediatek chipset that bad compared to broadcom?

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
If it was me I would go for a TP-Link with a Broadcom chip - I've used a few of the similar to the VR600 often to help others get a decent Wi-Fi signal where they have a nasty ISP supplied router with weak Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.