trend micro internet security and comodo firewall combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
I would like to know that can i use trend micro IS with comodo firewall,as trend micro have only a windows firewall booster???????

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips. :)

Yes, it is possible to use Trend with Comodo Firewall, just I see no point in it. If you configure the Windows Firewall too not accepted any in-bound connections without user interaction then that is one step up.

The Trend Micro Firewall Booster's feature is intended to provide extra network vulnerability detection and anti-bonet protection. By enabling the Firewall Booster it does not enable the Windows Firewall, and Firewall Booster does not register itself to the Windows Security Center (WSC).
It also works with third-party firewalls.

Hope this cleared things up a bit.

Once again welcome. :)

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
If you have higher RAM then you add.. But i don't feel to add comodo firewall to Trend bcz trend has a firewall booster and alots a best Web filter...

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
souhrid said:
I would like to know that can i use trend micro IS with comodo firewall,as trend micro have only a windows firewall booster???????

thanks for your valuable advice

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
souhrid said:
souhrid said:

thanks for your valuable advice

No problem?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think it could be as Trend Micro literally doesn't have a built in firewall itself even those official reviewers tends to know it; and provides more maximum protection as TM works mostly in cloud based.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
and provides more maximum protection as TM works mostly in cloud based.

That is true. Trend is one of the AV's that has everything moved to the Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.