Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Reactions: McLovin

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
I'm using Trend Micro AV+ for more than 2 weeks now and I'm quite satisfied with its performance and protection. Yesterday I received a program update and now I have version 8.0.1257 (it was 8.0.1133 before that). The only bugs I see (and they've been there for quite a long time unfortunately) is after detection by the real-time scanner or the context-menu scanner the Internet Explorer home page switches to blank and the protected system files becomes visible. That's more or less the only bugs I've encountered.

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
making protected files visible has something to do with ability scan those hidden files.

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Since going back to a pre-installed version of Windows, the one that came with my ASUS notebook. I have been tempted to use Trend Micro. Version 2011 came installed, just waiting to do research to see if using this product is worth or it not. At the moment, all I've got is Shadow Defender. Thanks for the pdf!

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hi,
i use trendmicro antivirus right now and since few weeks on window 8.1; quite happy with it; light, simple and bug free on my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.