Trend Micro Titanium 2012 (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I attempted to do my normal test with it, Any malicious link I enter comes up with a 'Page 404' (dead page) screen when infact there not dead because on my host all the 20 links work and are active.
Could be Trend Micros web guard blocking them all but not displaying the usual "TrendMicro has blocked this page.. threats etc" with the logo and all, probably a bug.
Visiting other links such as Google and MalwareTips works fine.

So I will try to test it again in the future, I did manage to capture a new feature in it.. pretty cool check it out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuwX8f0VfM

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Is it possible to disable the webguard? so then you can see if it's the webguard blocking them, or another issue.

So I will try to test it again in the future, I did manage to capture a new feature in it.. pretty cool check it out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuwX8f0VfM

I like that. Wish there was something like that in NIS.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
@Tomo172 Just started up Vmware to test that out, I disabled WebGuard and now the links work.

G

Guest28

Trend Micro Titanium has had similar problems with previous beta versions. For not displaying *threats blocked page* they should be fixed in the next program update it is a beta so give it time at least they got blocked.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In that case the user will think its dead so nothing to do but having not showing a block page properly is a problem so they must fix it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Key Features

Higher Speed and Performance – Titanium has been designed to be lighter on system resources and big on performance providing the optimum computing experience.

Higher detection and cleaning rates – Leverages Trend Micro’s latest cloud computing technology plus real-time scanning to provide state of the art protection to keep you and your family safe from latest malware threats.

SNS Protection – Let you know if the URLs in your Twitter and Facebook are safe or not

Link

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for sharing James, but I am already BETA testing it :D. So far of what I have found it is faster then 2011 version meaning does not slow down the system and has slightly better detection rates. SNS Protection is very handy for people with Facebook and Twitter, can't wait until the final has come out. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Titanium Maximum Security 5.0 EB 2

Key Features

Strong, fast, and easy-to-use protection

- Trend Micro™ Titanium™ Maximum Security uses cloud technology to automatically stop viruses and spywarebefore they reach your computer, so it won’t slow you down. It’s a whole new way to protect you, your family, and your PC from Internet threats. It features:

· Antivirus
· Antispyware
· Anti-phishing
· Web threat protection
· Antispam
· Data theft protection
· Parental controls
· System tuner
· Social networking security (Facebook, Twitter & more)
· Mobile protection (Android, iOS, Symbian & Windows)
· Secure erase/e-file shredder
· Remote file lock
· 10 GB of secure online storage with sync & sharing

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.