App Review Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2014 Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
with gdata its most likely for the bitdefer engine as for ikarus i don't know whats going on with that maybe a error or something

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
@nsm0220

WHAT?

it's a video was there a question in there somewhere? i don't understand

but a very nice review and thank you MalwareDoctor

James

:)

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
jim lin said:
@nsm0220

WHAT?

it's a video was there a question in there somewhere? i don't understand

but a very nice review and thank you MalwareDoctor

James

During the final scan results of my test Ikarus and Gdata both detected the same threat as MBAM (the strange part is that neither av is supposedly incorporated in Hitman Pro any longer). I suspect either Hitman Pro is using outdated signatures or they are using the heuristic engines of both respective av engines. What makes it even stranger is Kaspersky list the same threat that G Data detects as "not-a-virus". I feel as though I have seen that same description in one of my other reviews(I haven't gotten around to checking though). Very odd none the less and I am contemplating dropping Hitman Pro and replacing it with something like Norton Power Eraser or CCE for a second-opinion scanner until they sort this issue out. Right now all it is doing is skewing the results against the tested product, whether the infection is real or a FP. Definitely not good if you are attempting to conduct as accurate of a test as possible.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
nsm0220 said:
must be a bug they need to fix

I installed and used it last week but still heavy after him to do updates and scans.
Thanks for the offer but now I have another to test.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
cdnsempre said:
nsm0220 said:

I installed and used it last week but still heavy after him to do updates and scans.

What are you talking about?

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
@ MalwareDoctor

in this other thread that i started and nsm0220 posted in also we talked about Hitman pro and false/positives
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-NEW-version-with-Kaspersky-Added?page=3

so i e-mailed Hitman support about the Ikaurs and Gdata F/P's and this was there answer

Dear James,

I have heard of False positives by Ikarus indeed.
For new files we are no longer using Ikarus, but known files can still get a message that it was detected Ikarus.
This will disappear on its own in the future, we cannot change anything about these messages by Ikarus right know.
Of course we are able to solve the False Positives Ikarus is detecting.

Those people can contact us via support@hitmanpro.com
They can send us the log file showing the file they are referring to.

Best regards,

Lisa Turkenburg
Support & Office Manager

SurfRight
Lansinkesweg 4
7553 AE Hengelo
The Netherlands

so i guess nsm0220 thinks there is a bug in it i don't know thats why i asked what he was talking about and
i still do not understand where is the question also

thanks

James

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
jim lin said:
@ MalwareDoctor

in this other thread that i started and nsm0220 posted in also we talked about Hitman pro and false/positives

so i e-mailed Hitman support about the Ikaurs and Gdata F/P's and this was there answer

Dear James,

For new files we are no longer using Ikarus, but known files can still get a message that it was detected Ikarus.
This will disappear on its own in the future, we cannot change anything about these messages by Ikarus right know.

Best regards,

Lisa Turkenburg
Support & Office Manager

SurfRight
Lansinkesweg 4
7553 AE Hengelo
The Netherlands

so i guess nsm0220 thinks there is a bug in it i don't know thats why i asked what he was talking about and

thanks

James

Yes I was more or less directing the question towards cdnsempre because I have no idea what they are talking talking about. Is cdnsempre conducting performance test of removal tools and he found Hitman Pro to be heavy on system resources? I am hoping they can elaborate on their statement to clarify.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
jim lin said:
@ MalwareDoctor

Dear James,

Best regards,

Lisa Turkenburg
Support & Office Manager

SurfRight
Lansinkesweg 4
7553 AE Hengelo
The Netherlands

thanks

James

what does fps have to do with this jim lin you are starting to go off topic here

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
nsm0220 who is off topic? you say gibberish about a very good video and even the OP don't understand what you
are talking about

you single me out in a post about hitman pro because i did not care for your videos

if you have a problem with me talk to a Mod

i'v done nothing wrong

i'm very sorry to MalwareDoctor for going off topic but

this is starting to get out of hand again talk to a Mod

Thanks

James

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
jim lin said:
nsm0220 who is off topic? you say gibberish about a very good video and even the OP don't understand what you
are talking about

you single me out in a post about hitman pro because i did not care for your videos

if you have a problem with me talk to a Mod

i'v done nothing wrong

i'm very sorry to MalwareDoctor for going off topic but

this is starting to get out of hand again talk to a Mod

Thanks

James

no its not you care for my videos its about the facts with the bug that hitman pro haves when MalwareDoctor was testing it in end of the Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2014 review

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
MalwareDoctor said:
cdnsempre said:
nsm0220 said:

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about the Trend Micro versus Bitdefender.
It's a pleasure to have bitdefender installed is light, lots of security, cleaning, defragmentation, protect facebook account, improves pc performance, etc ...

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
cdnsempre said:
I'm talking about the Trend Micro versus Bitdefender.
It's a pleasure to have bitdefender installed is light, lots of security, cleaning, defragmentation, protect facebook account, improves pc performance, etc ...

Alright thanks for elaborating.

nsm0220 said:
what does fps have to do with this jim lin you are starting to go off topic here

Jim lin is not going off topic. There is something suspicious going on with Hitman Pro. I am not going to close this thread (yet) so lets just try to keep everything civilized alright? Thanks guys.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
MalwareDoctor i think i found out why hitman pro was acting up at the end of test its was a very rare bug that was causing it

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.