Aug 14, 2018
Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Qihoo 360 Total Security premium ( buil tin glasswire firewall enabled ) -Hitman Pro Alert - Unchecky - No Virus Thanks Osarmor ( standard settings ) - 360 Document Protector
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Eek - Mbam - ZHPCleaner - Adwcleaner - Hmp
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Idm extension - Webrtc Control - Netcraft Anti Phising - Lastpass - I don't Care About Cookies - IdnSafe - Privacy Possum - Scriptsafe - 360 Anti Mining - 360 Internet Protection - Decentraleyes - Ublock Origin - Ublock Origin Extra. On Google Chrome ( main ) and Firefox
Maintenance tools
Wisecare 365 Pro - Privazer - Kerish Doctor
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Free and Eazyfix v11 Professional ( systemwide )
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
For me, it´s a good config. Please, how does Qihoo currently behave? - I'm talking about security and performance - and another question, isn't MBAE redundant with OSA?

I used to love Qihoo, but it seems that its protection capacity has gone to less and its privacy policy is not the most convenient.

Thank you for sharing your config and thank you for answering my questions. :)

hello black wings sure , I will answer you're questions.....no problem at all brother :)
qihoo used to be a resource hog a couple of releases back , so i submitted some feedback to them and the fixed most of the memory / cpu leaks , if not all of them in my case. regarding the privacy concerns : it may be up to eahc and every differnt end user ; I myself have no reason to fear them : I have nothing to hide...sure there will be times the protection capacities of various security product may fluctuate from time to time , that is why I make use of a layered security concept : if one layer fails me , another layer will save me. OSA has software level exploit protection and MBAE has software and os level exploit protections , so the two can work in peace and harmony together. hope this answers you're questions??

Black Wings

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
hello black wings sure , I will answer you're questions.....no problem at all brother :)
qihoo used to be a resource hog a couple of releases back , so i submitted some feedback to them and the fixed most of the memory / cpu leaks , if not all of them in my case. regarding the privacy concerns : it may be up to eahc and every differnt end user ; I myself have no reason to fear them : I have nothing to hide...sure there will be times the protection capacities of various security product may fluctuate from time to time , that is why I make use of a layered security concept : if one layer fails me , another layer will save me. OSA has software level exploit protection and MBAE has software and os level exploit protections , so the two can work in peace and harmony together. hope this answers you're questions??
Thank you. You're very kind. :)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Whats your opinion on qihoo360? @stefanos is using it aswell and when checking out vt links on malware hub, it seems 360 is always detecting malwares during first scan. The qihoo 360 engine is very powerfull, but in overall qihoo is weak(i dont know wich causes this?), but with cf or sh it will probably shine i think

Also sorry @Evjl's Rain for highlighting you, but when lookin on your youtube videos from year ago, it seems you were very fanatic about qihoo...any idea why they went so called downhill?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Also sorry @Evjl's Rain for highlighting you, but when lookin on your youtube videos from year ago, it seems you were very fanatic about qihoo...any idea why they went so called downhill?
I don't know why. Perhaps they haven't improved their HIPS and malwares have been evolving since so qihoo's HIPS is incapable to protect now

qihoo has very (x3) poor behavior blocker, so-so HIPS nowadays, okay heuristics in the cloud engine, very useful sandboxie-like sandbox and avira+BD engines
it's very good for someone who can manage it but bad in average user's hand
it's quite light too, but only without avira and BD signatures in realtime protection

because of the manual sandbox, knowledgeable users can have their system fully protected

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I don't know why. Perhaps they haven't improved their HIPS and malwares have been evolving since so qihoo's HIPS is incapable to protect now

qihoo has very (x3) poor behavior blocker, so-so HIPS nowadays, okay heuristics in the cloud engine, very useful sandboxie-like sandbox and avira+BD engines
it's very good for someone who can manage it but bad in average user's hand
it's quite light too, but only without avira and BD signatures in realtime protection

because of the manual sandbox, knowledgeable users can have their system fully protected

I have all engines enabled and it feels very , very light on my system right now. I reported the memory and cpu spikes to them during updates , startup and so on. and yes qihoo is far from perfect when it comes to protectio ( ransom ) that''s why I paired it up with 360 document protection. after updating yesterday to the latest program update I did a system scan and it found a lot of fp's.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
* an older change , but forgot to mention : replaced rollback rx for eazy fix pro v11 ( have won a license on a different forum,
* removed Mbae
* installed hmpa ( knock on wood , but it runs awesome next too qihoo 360 ts and qihoo document protector! )

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
* removed qihoo 360 total security , 360 document protector , hmpa , nvt osarmor
* replaced with Kaspersky Free Antivirus and Comodo Firewall ( Crueslsister's settings )
Welcome to family.

Syshardener + qihoo 360 ( own engine only) and sandboxed browsers by qihoo is something im really interested to play with in future

Any specific reason to swap from qihoo to kaspersky?

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
qihoo just was getting to bore me , I do have premium , but they are adding more and more excessive bloatware. when it comes to release builds , one runs fluently on my machine and another may slowdown my machine. another reason for giving up on them is the user tracking they do. the new combo I installed just now feels more smooth. Let's see for the next couple of weeks how it holds up :)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
qihoo just was getting to bore me , I do have premium , but they are adding more and more excessive bloatware. when it comes to release builds , one runs fluently on my machine and another may slowdown my machine. another reason for giving up on them is the user tracking they do. the new combo I installed just now feels more smooth. Let's see for the next couple of weeks how it holds up :)
Fair enough, agree with all that bloat they have. Those system tune up thingys gonna mess up many peoples pc, have to be very careful to disable them away

Atleast the avira/bitdefender signatures are getting updated more often nowadays

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Fair enough, agree with all that bloat they have. Those system tune up thingys gonna mess up many peoples pc, have to be very careful to disable them away

Atleast the avira/bitdefender signatures are getting updated more often nowadays

disk compression is also a known system wrecker , which qihoo come up with. also the newest desktop tidy thingymajiggy is nothing more than a annoying little nothing. they suffer from a lot of false positives lately also.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Nice change Trickster, or no Mr. Wave I should say, still not used to it ;)
Very solid config! Malware will have a difficult time reaching your pc

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
disk compression is also a known system wrecker , which qihoo come up with. also the newest desktop tidy thingymajiggy is nothing more than a annoying little nothing. they suffer from a lot of false positives lately also.
I use 360TS many years . But never i use doc. Protection, disk compresion or desktop. Just use the sandbox and is realy one of the best. And avira and bitfefenfer just for manual scan. Combo with osarmor and voodoshield. Voodooshield i activate only if i play unsafe. The signatures qihoo the last 3 months is is one of the top 5 . I check it every time to malwarehub . Realy is the most light antivirus if you used like me. And with voodooshield activate after many test all this years never i had one infection. Thats my opinion after many years with 360TS

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.