tuor17 Config

tuor17

Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Backup : O&O DiskImage 6
Cleaning Utility : CCleaner + CCEnhancer
Process Monitor : Process Hacker (Admin)
Uninstaller : Revo Uninstaller Free, IObit Uninstaler
Virtualization : VirtualBOX, VMware workstation

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Solid configuration, KIS 2012 is packed with the features to have a maximum protection.

A thread will give you on how to configure KIS 2012.

You can also use their own sandbox "Safe Run" for surfing and isolation environment.

I

illumination

This is a solid config! Personally, i would stick with sandboxie for isolation, as the saferun in Kaspersky is very limited on 64bit systems, i would not rely on it. Also with running KIS 2012 & sandboxie, i see no reason to run Malwarebytes Pro. Having Malwarebytes on demand scanner would be sufficient.

tuor17

Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments

@ jamescv7: there is a small problem with your video link, it is no longer available on youtube

@ thewofsmith72: I use Malwarebytes to its blocking site and have it updated in real time and on-demand scanner

@ McLovin: for a backup solution, I think to turn to O&O DiskImage 6

Added : O&O DiskImage 6

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Glad that you now have a backup solution. That is something that everyone needs with their setup.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
He needs MBAM PRo. I have seen many a times when kis misses viruses on my pen drive.

I

illumination

malbky said:
He needs MBAM PRo. I have seen many a times when kis misses viruses on my pen drive.

Have seen many suite's miss things such as, it is why i disable the autorun for removable USB/thumb drives, as well as keep a on demand scanner handy.

Kapersky with sandboxing the browser, would be quite efficient at preventing the system from being infected.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Also configuring the "application control" that files without unsigned signature were untrusted thus it will deny it for execution.

I

illumination

jamescv7 said:
Also configuring the "application control" that files without unsigned signature were untrusted thus it will deny it for execution.

As well as this, thank you jamescv7, i forgot to mention this. :blush:

tuor17

Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Remove:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Add:
Comodo IS
Comodo Dragon, IceDragon
IObit Uninstaller

tuor17

Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
I confess COMODO products are great in addition to being totally free (except a few who are paying), it provides a high-level security ^ ^

I removed KIS because I arrived at the end of my license and then I wanted to change to a free and lighter

D

Deleted member 178

after all i read:

- Kiosk (full virtualizing sandbox)
- Behavior Blocker (in addition of the HIPS)
- all parts are modulable
- new code
- Lighter (really want to see that , the actual CIS is already very light)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I only find majority number of comodo product (av,suite and browser) user in MT forum or comodo official forum.

Comodo av have not a big reputation like their firewall but i find cis every where in Security configuration wizard forum.

Its umbra effect:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.