Advice Request Turning off "Use Secure DNS" in the latest Chrome version.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I installed Google Chrome as my secondary browser.
Is it okay to turn this off? I am not well aware of DNS and like that.
Thanks.
1614180127462.png

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

It is up to you really, I myself would prefer DoT or dnscrypt over DoH, but given the lack of a choice, DoH is somewhat better than the default DNS, at least in preventing some MITM.

As to the question itself, I am intrigued, since I have installed Windows Dev just to get Windows DoH support and I wonder: Is it better to let Windows handle DoH or Chrome? 🤔

P.S.: DoQ would be probably the best choice, but given how "fast" is MS in introducing new features, that will not be a question for another decade. 😂

Attachments

• capture_02242021_173506.jpg
    capture_02242021_173506.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 245

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015

It is up to you really, I myself would prefer DoT or dnscrypt over DoH, but given the lack of a choice, DoH is somewhat better than the default DNS, at least in preventing some MITM.

As to the question itself, I am intrigued, since I have installed Windows Dev just to get Windows DoH support and I wonder: Is it better to let Windows handle DoH or Chrome? 🤔

P.S.: DoQ would be probably the best choice, but given how "fast" is MS in introducing new features, that will not be a question for another decade. 😂
Once it arrives in stable version, I'd use the option built-in Windows because then all programs and apps will use DoH, not just that one particular app.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.