Twitter CEO Elon Musk will resign once he finds someone 'foolish enough to take the job'

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Twitter CEO Elon Musk has finally acknowledged the results of the poll he created Sunday night. According to him, he will resign as CEO as soon as he finds someone "foolish enough to take the job."

The poll, which Musk promised to abide by, resulted in 57.5% of over 17 million Twitter accounts telling him to step down from his position.

He says he will just run the software and servers teams once a replacement is found.

Musk didn't immediately acknowledge the results of his poll. Kim Dotcom, an internet entrepreneur, even hoped that Musk did the poll to "catch all the deep state bots," to which the CEO replied, "Interesting." The "Chief Twit" also entertained the idea of allowing only Twitter Blue subscribers to vote in policy-related polls.

The rest

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
He reports that when he came in he was able to save Twitter by preventing fallout from a $3-billion loss, but had to do so by cutting costs heavily:

This explains the following:

Twitter was doing badly before he came in, and it was due to significant levels of bloat. Even after he removed large numbers of employees, operations still continued.

Recent news about new tiers for checks, etc., shows that such improvements are needed to prevent things like bots, indiscriminate allowances for who gets a checkmark and who doesn't, and so on. In short, the platform needed a lot fo cleaning up, and such improvements are needed.

Thus, he needs to work on that, which is why he says he wants to work with server and software teams, and let someone else work as CEO.

The important thing, though, is that what happened before he took over has to be avoided, and that's going to be tough.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Elon Musk has said he will find a new CEO for Twitter after users voted for him to leave. But who would, in his own words, be “foolish enough to take the job”?

It’s a question I’ve been posing in conversations over the past week. Based on my checks with people who would know, Musk doesn’t appear to be running a formal search yet. And given his propensity to lie go back on his word, he might not try to find someone. The matter is complicated by his saying that, even after finding a CEO, he will still run the “software & servers teams.” That’s basically the whole company.

For what it’s worth, I do think Musk will eventually find a CEO, not only because he told his Twitter investors he would but because it’s the rational thing for him to do.

Below are the names that have been floated to me as good candidates should Musk actually hand over the reins of Twitter. (I’m not including the obvious members of Musk’s transition team that helped him in the early days of the takeover — namely David Sacks, Jason Calacanis, and Sriram Krishnan — since my read is that they are not in a position to take the job if asked.)

The list of CEO that might become a new:

Reactions: Trident

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Twitter has a new CEO, and it’s former NBCUniversal advertising executive Linda Yaccarino. Elon Musk announced her appointment in a tweet, saying she “will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design & new technology.”

“I am excited to welcome Linda Yaccarino as the new CEO of Twitter!” Musk writes. “Looking forward to working with Linda to transform this platform into X, the everything app.”

Full article

Reactions: Trident

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Looks like Elon Musk is making the name brand Twitter go away as his future work as non-CEO.

So like what are us Twits gonna call it now? Yeah and no more trademark bluebird either. X is also the name of his son, right? Or something like that.

“Soon we shall bid adieu to the Twitter brand and, gradually, all the birds,” Musk wrote in a late-night Saturday post. He also said the platform’s website will be run off the xdotcom domain name, and posted a poll asking whether it should “Change default platform color to black” (with about 75% votes in favor as of Sunday morning).

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Yaccarino worked with the WEF and has lots of connections in the advertising agency.

I think the rebranding is meant to make it part of X Corp., which means it might become part of a superapp.

Finally, I also found out that according to him Musk voted for Obama, H. Clinton, and Biden.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well it's become official now. Even the blue bird logo while it's loading is replaced by that X. But the Tweet thing is still there. Actually it's kind of messy. Why not change it all at once--I mean: my bookmark still says Twitter? Never mind. 🙄

its x now.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.