New Update uBlock Origin Lite - Updates Thread

Web Extensions
291 Replies 108,942 Views
Thread details
  • Filters are only updated when a new uBOL version is published, and there is no fetching of up-to-date lists from servers. This reduces the effectiveness of uBOL compared to uBO.
I wonder if Adblock plus is doing the same or do they update their filters more ?
 
Last edited:
  • Filters are only updated when a new uBOL version is published, and there is no fetching of up-to-date lists from servers. This reduces the effectiveness of uBOL compared to uBO.
I wonder if Adblock plus is doing the same or to they update their filters more ?
I was facing ads on YT, which was solved by changing to complete mode.
 
  • Filters are only updated when a new uBOL version is published, and there is no fetching of up-to-date lists from servers. This reduces the effectiveness of uBOL compared to uBO.
I wonder if Adblock plus is doing the same or to they update their filters more ?
Seems unique to uBOL because other extensions can fetch up-to-date lists just fine even with Manifest V3. I remember they were annoyed how many people would unnecessarily force refresh their lists and the strains it put on their server so I can see that they want to place a limit on that.

Update: You can now zap individual elements with Elements Zapper. uBO Team is constantly adding more features to the beta.
 
Last edited:

uBOLite_2025.525.2314​

 
[mv3] Add support for custom DNR rules · gorhill/uBlock@9339a75
[mv3] Add support for custom DNR rules
This feature is hidden behind the "Developer mode" setting in the dashboard. When "Developer mode" is enabled, a tab named "Develop" will become available in the dashboard. This tab is meant to contain tools for technical users. ... ... The main motivation is to give list maintainers a tool to assist with resolving filter issues. Custom DNR rules can assist in crafting and validating filters meant to work with uBOL. A secondary motivation is to provide technical users the ability to further customize their content blocker. More conveniences will be added over time, this is a first version.
Please read the entire linked content for more info.
 

uBOLite_2025.703.1440​

 

uBOLite_2025.709.1622​

Release notes​

 

uBOLite_2025.718.1921​

 

uBOLite_2025.725.1450​

 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top