New Update uBlock Origin/Nano Adblocker - User Tips, Questions and Issues Thread

F

ForgottenSeer 77591

Can't confirm such behaviour (i don't login to youtube!). Post more info
1583600230942.png

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
What I'm doing for now is use only uBO with all filter lists except for those in regions, languages activated. I also uninstalled NoScript, Decentraleyes, and Privacy Badger.

So far, I've been able block ads and popups for cookie warnings, newsletters, etc., for most sites (except for one, where I had to click on the button to block all popups), and no pages with broken formats (except for one, where I had to click the cosmetic filtering button). Embedded videos in pages and pictures in forum threads show up.

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Here's something I tried a few minutes ago:

I used uBO with all filter lists activated in Firefox, and went to

www.foreignaffairs.com

and after scrolling down, the whole page would gray out. I turned off the ad blocker and saw a newsletter popup.

After that, I disabled uBO and installed Nano Adblocker with Defender, went to the same site, and saw no more problems with the page graying out.

Edit:

I was able to get the same results after copying Nano Adblocker adding the ff. filter lists from filterlists.com:

Nano Defender Integration
Nano Filters
Nano Filters - Annoyance
Nano Filters - Whitelist

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Here's something I tried a few minutes ago:

I used uBO with all filter lists activated in Firefox, and went to

www.foreignaffairs.com

and after scrolling down, the whole page would gray out. I turned off the ad blocker and saw a newsletter popup.

After that, I disabled uBO and installed Nano Adblocker with Defender, went to the same site, and saw no more problems with the page graying out.

Edit:

I was able to get the same results after copying Nano Adblocker adding the ff. filter lists from filterlists.com:

Nano Defender Integration
Nano Filters
Nano Filters - Annoyance
Nano Filters - Whitelist
Follow this guideline to properly install Nano defender in uBlock Origin: Nano Defender

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Anyone have easylist alternative? Easylist works for youtube, twitch ads and the other ones...but i have been trying to get smaller list while keeping those ads away. I can live with the easylist cookie for cookie annoyances.
I can use medium mode on my personal account, but with family members setup i prefer simple mode

Current setup:
ublock242423.png

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Anyone have easylist alternative? Easylist works for youtube, twitch ads and the other ones...but i have been trying to get smaller list while keeping those ads away. I can live with the easylist cookie for cookie annoyances.
I can use medium mode on my personal account, but with family members setup i prefer simple mode

Current setup:
View attachment 234827
Adguard Base list.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Current setup:
View attachment 234827

Or you can keep your current setup and check "Ignore generic cosmetic filters", which doesn't affect my browsing negatively.

or
Adguard Base list.

Also, Adguard Tracking Protection list.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

Current setup:
View attachment 234827
Here's a few that might work for you. You can use the search function and write easylist

EasyList - Lite / EasyList Lite is new in AdBlock for Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox. It's a subset of EasyList. EasyList Lite includes only the filters that actually block and hide ads on the websites people visit most. This makes it several thousand filters smaller than EasyList, and that enables AdBlock to work faster on those sites.

EasyList Optimized / EasyList is the primary subscription that removes adverts from web pages in English language. Maintainer: Adguard

If you would like to use both Adguard and Easylist, you could try the filterlist Adguard Base Filter Optimized

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
EasyList Optimized / EasyList is the primary subscription that removes adverts from web pages in English language. Maintainer: Adguard
I guess easylist lite is the way to go for me + some tuning here and there , maybe i try the generic cosmetics too

Vivaldi has snapshot wich includes new tracker/ adblocking feature ... cheers all

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I guess easylist lite is the way to go for me + some tuning here and there , maybe i try the generic cosmetics too

Vivaldi has snapshot wich includes new tracker/ adblocking feature ... cheers all
Maybe try Brave for other family members. Excellent built-in adblocking. There emphasis is on keeping the web usable.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.