Lenny_Fox

Level 15
Verified
@SeriousHoax and @oldschool

I got a comments through PM to add another cname block rule), so I added the My Filters as text file in the original post, so people can easily change it to their likings

1606034506424.png

@plat1098 and @SampeiNihira

About ^ missing in Kees1958 original rule HTTP://*^$third-party,~stylesheet,~image,~media. When I understand the ABP documentation correctly the ^ stand for 'start of an URL' and the * is a wildcard for zero to all. So the ^ seemed redundant to me. Please comment when iit has performance impact I am unaware or causes other problems.

I have not written uBo, but my guess is that the reason the rule count increases by one when you leave out ~media is that ~ stand for 'not'' (excluding), so when you leave out a NOT, you actually add a rule (without ~media third-party media is also blocked).

The Chrome call out block does not work in Firefox. This is intended for two reasons:
1. I prefer to use static rules, not cosmetic rules you suggested
2. People on Firefox should move to a safer browser :eek::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

JasonUK

Level 1
I have not written uBo, but my guess is that the reason the rule count increases by one when you leave out ~media is that ~ stand for 'not'' (excluding), so when you leave out a NOT, you actually add a rule (without ~media third-party media is also blocked).
That seems to be an accurate guess as leaving of ~spreadsheet further increases rule count by one.