CyberTech

Level 31
Verified
Oh i see, I think there is because i saw someone sent WSJ article in the general on discord a few months ago so guy asked him how to remove subscription because he want to read full so he sent the github which block or bypass something like this i might ask him later

SeriousHoax

Level 29
Verified
Malware Tester
Well i would like to read some full article on The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) is there a way to block subscription ? they cant let me read full ;/
There is a way. This is what I use and it works like a charm ;)

This one is for Firefox. Normal installation.
This is for Chromium. It's slightly complicated to install in Chromium. I never tried it. Follow the steps and it should work.

CyberTech

Level 31
Verified

This is for Chromium. It's slightly complicated to install in Chromium. I never tried it. Follow the steps and it should work.
Yea that one lol thank you!

Vitali Ortzi

Level 19
Verified
Yea that one lol thank you!
for paywalls it wont bypass change user agent to google bot

nice piracy XD

plat1098

Level 20
Verified
The bypass-paywalls extension works for now for chromium Edge for the Wall Street Journal link above. (y)

It's not difficult at all to install. The only consideration I found so far is that this must be run in Developer mode (toggled to on) which is stated on the GitHub page. Edge then issues a popup complaining that Dev mode could be harmful to your machine. No problems running alongside uBlock Origin--seriously, all webpages should run so well. But who know how long this ext. will be permitted to run.

Edge is shaping up beautifully performance-wise, as a general comment.

oldschool

Level 53
Verified
You have turned me into an outlaw and a criminal. I can't believe it.

It's actually very easy. I installed it in no time in Brave without µBO. Unzip --> Drag&Drop extracted folder into Settings-->Extensions (Drag/drop anywhere on the page).

I noticed it slows page loading a bit, the only downside so far.

SeriousHoax

Level 29
Verified
Malware Tester
You have turned me into an outlaw and a criminal. I can't believe it.
Now I see you with a cowboy hat on your head running through the wild west on a horse like a wanted criminal 😂
I noticed it slows page loading a bit, the only downside so far.
Didn't know this. I keep it disabled and only enable when I hit those paywalls.