Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
@oldschool & @Gandalf_The_Grey good point and suggestion, I have deleted some posts. From now on only uBO stuff in this thread. I have deleted all the post related to uMatrix I still couild edit. Will report the post asking admins to delete the post I can't edit anymore.

@Windows_Security
You set up on my browser absolutely flies! So how would I go about updating your "static filters list" if it's based on WSTech research? Is there a link or does the SmartAdBlock extension show this list to be copied or exported?
WStech research is based on a yearly inquiry, so I will update it only once a year.

Attachments

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Kees, is this the new update?
Minor update (cleaned the list). in previous one I had also included google analytics. When people respond to an advertisement with discount, blocking google analytics might also block you from the discount. So removed google analytics. Also removed a service taken over by a bigger player. Added two lesser used tracking services two keep the number around 175.

ErzCrz

Level 2
I should check this out. I wasn't aware of uBO's capabilities and have just been running default config. Is implementation a simple import or each step of the original post?

Erz

Reactions: oldschool
@oldschool

I googled for Windows_Security and discovered that he used a nickname Kees1958 at Wilders Security forum before he started using Windows_Security (he posted a few SRP threads with this nickname which seemed to inspire @Andy Ful to develop Hard_Configurator).

The list mentioned here (WS_tech) is also mentioned on Github which is maintened by user Kees1958
Here is the link of the raw file (copy this in adblocker, adguard or uBlock when you want):

Latest update is a few weeks ago, so he seems to be alive, but not posting on Wilders Security or MalwareTips anymore.

EDIT: Windows_Security must be still reading this forum, because Kees1958 just added the w3tech top 200 in host file format on Github

Kees1958 thanks I added it to the host file blocklist of uMatrix (y)

Last edited: