New Update UCheck: Software Update Checker & Installer

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
I remember a while back i tried a few software update checker and yes it downloaded them but to my surprise the program updater
did not work like bluetooth or network driver iobit was good for corrupting the driver with updates my question out of all these software update checkers which one is most reliable to give you the right driver?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I remember a while back i tried a few software update checker and yes it downloaded them but to my surprise the program updater
did not work like bluetooth or network driver iobit was good for corrupting the driver with updates my question out of all these software update checkers which one is most reliable to give you the right driver?
Software updaters do not update drivers, they only update the programs installed on your computer. For that, you need driver update software.

Despite your experience with Driver Booster, it is one of the best driver updaters. Driver Easy is very good too, if you buy the Pro version, as the free version is really limited. However, unless you having problems with some devices, or are missing some needed drivers, there's often not much need to keep drivers updated.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Comparing the free of both latest UCheck 3.9.0.0 and SUMO v5.10.14.452

Failed to detect my installed/portable programs.

UCheck

1) O&O Shut Up 10
2) SterJo NetStalker
3) EEK
4) AdwCleaner
5) Revo Uninstaller Pro
6) Everything
7) RegScanner
8) Eusing Free Registry Cleaner
9) Wise Registry Cleaner
10) CCleaner64
11) Wise Disk Cleaner
12) RegistryDeleteEx64
13) SUMo
14) SumatraPDF
15) HWiNFO64
16) CPU-Z x64
17) SMPlayer
18) WinRAR

UCheck is not detecting all my portable programs. If you have many portable programs then UCheck is not for you

SUMo

1) MS Office
2) Microsoft OneDrive
3) Intel software
4) Microsoft Visual C++

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

UCheck

1) O&O Shut Up 10
2) SterJo NetStalker
3) EEK
4) AdwCleaner
5) Revo Uninstaller Pro
6) Everything
7) RegScanner
9) Wise Registry Cleaner
10) CCleaner64
11) Wise Disk Cleaner
12) RegistryDeleteEx64
13) SUMo
14) SumatraPDF
15) HWiNFO64
16) CPU-Z x64
17) SMPlayer
18) WinRAR

UCheck is not detecting all my portable programs. If you have many portable programs then UCheck is not for you

SUMo

1) MS Office
2) Microsoft OneDrive
3) Intel software
4) Microsoft Visual C++
That's the big + of SUMO you can add the directory of your portable programs and it checks them for you.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
That's the big + of SUMO you can add the directory of your portable programs and it checks them for you.
I'll keep SUMo because it can detect more. As for those MS and Intel updates I'll let Windows and MS handle that.

Too bad if UCheck can also detect portable programs then that'll make it a perfect software updater for it can detect both MS and Intel updates. There's a catch here though. Certain installed programs can only be detected if you use the paid version of UCheck

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

UCheck

1) O&O Shut Up 10
2) SterJo NetStalker
3) EEK
4) AdwCleaner
5) Revo Uninstaller Pro
6) Everything
7) RegScanner
9) Wise Registry Cleaner
10) CCleaner64
11) Wise Disk Cleaner
12) RegistryDeleteEx64
13) SUMo
14) SumatraPDF
15) HWiNFO64
16) CPU-Z x64
17) SMPlayer
18) WinRAR

SUMo

1) MS Office
2) Microsoft OneDrive
3) Intel software
4) Microsoft Visual C++

SUMo has turned off the feature to scan Microsoft products by default. You can turn it on in the settings section.

By the way UCheck is getting better too.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
And this is scheduled for UCheck too :)
Unfortunately yes we don't detect portable version very well, however most of the software listed above should be detected in their installed version.
Thanks, the future of UCheck looks really good

Reactions: Tigzy

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm sorry but no, licensing doesn't have to do with software, it's only about features.
If they are not detected, it's for both free and premium (do you have any examples?)
Just tried testing UCheck again

1) Chromium version. I'm using Ungoogled Chromium (for Win 64-bit as in below link) and its version is 80.0.3987.149-2. It's reported correctly by UCheck but it shouldn't suggest an pending update available as it's not been released by Ungoogled Chromium yet. Likely it's applicable to Chromium browser users but forks of Chromium might not be applicable

1587997593542.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.