Unable To Post On Wilders?

Stretch_

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 25, 2021
I recently tried to join both this forum and Wilders. However on Wilders, despite my account being approved and then verified via email, I am unable to post at all. Even trying to post the word "test" in the Test forum, all of my posts get marked for needing approval, but never get approved.

I tried PMing moderators, but I am unable to do that either as I cannot even visit other members' profile pages. I used the site contact form and send a few requests asking administrators what might be going on, however I never received any reply after weeks.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might be happening? At this point I seem to have no way to address anyone from that site about the issue I am encountering. By the way, I would have posted this in the lounge but I'm a ways off from being able to.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I recently tried to join both this forum and Wilders. However on Wilders, despite my account being approved and then verified via email, I am unable to post at all. Even trying to post the word "test" in the Test forum, all of my posts get marked for needing approval, but never get approved.
The staff here on MT can not answer for the forum Wilders and it's posting approval/moderation/rules etc. For correct answers or any specific questions, you should try to contact the staff there.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might be happening? At this point I seem to have no way to address anyone from that site about the issue I am encountering. By the way, I would have posted this in the lounge but I'm a ways off from being able to.
If you don't get any reply here on MT anyway, please have some patience because we all doing this help/work on MT on our free-time and will try to answer asap. Please also be aware that some forum section has a so called moderation approval queue, that all members have to wait for a possible approval first.

Stretch_

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 25, 2021
I would like to give administration at Wilders the benefit of the doubt, and not assume I know why many new memberships are being handled this way. I have not come across any posts or messages explaining this behavior of allowing new forum members and then blocking them. In addition, I have written numerous respectful emails and I have not received a single response (as noted it has been several weeks now).

It would be interesting if someone who is a member on both MT and Wilders were able to ask on their forum. Otherwise it seems we will just be left to wonder at this somewhat inexplicable behavior aside from show-Zi's impression that blocks might have to do with new members being strictly scrutinized for their contributions.

Reactions: show-Zi and Kongo

Stretch_

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 25, 2021
Just as a follow-up to this thread, I am still not able to post on the Wilders forum. I gave all legitimate information when signing up, and I can log in still, but do not have posting privileges and cannot send PMs. I'm not sure if there is some kind of administrative issue on their site, or what might explain this behavior. If anyone who sees this post would like to kindly post an inquiry on their forum it would be very much appreciated.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Just as a follow-up to this thread, I am still not able to post on the Wilders forum. I gave all legitimate information when signing up, and I can log in still, but do not have posting privileges and cannot send PMs. I'm not sure if there is some kind of administrative issue on their site, or what might explain this behavior. If anyone who sees this post would like to kindly post an inquiry on their forum it would be very much appreciated.
I’ve had the same problem for years. My posts never get approved even when I have helpful information. Now I just lurk there, you aren’t missing much anyway.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Don't worry, you're not alone. 😌

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
That is helpful to know, honestly. MT is a great forum, however for inquiries/topics that might not get picked up here, it is rather frustrating to register over there with high hopes and then get stonewalled with no explanation.
Not trying to disrespect Wilders but it looks like it's been stuck in the early 2000s. So my eyes can't take the design of the webpage for more than 5 minutes anyway. 😅
After all it would have been nice to know what one needs to do to get post permissions in threads. Well, good to know that someone else is facing the same problem. Good luck to you! ;)

• Applause
Reactions: Nevi and show-Zi

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It seems to me that the authors of @ultim and binisoft wfc have made wilders the focus of their activities.
That's why I check widers so often, more for the information than the posts.
I had a couple of questions, but that didn't affect me because it's possible to do that in MT.
I understand your frustration, but it's not your fault, so let's not worry about it!:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.