Advice Request Update PHP Ubuntu Wordpress?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

josejtax

Thread author
Dec 3, 2019
I have a problem with the PHP of my wordpres and it is that in the VPS Server I have it updated correctly but in my wordpress it is not updated... Do you know how I can do it? I have a system management VestaCP running on Ubuntu 18. I don't have CPanel, which is the only manager where I found solutions (PS: When I search in google it only appears to update my sv and that's not what I want since I have it updated)

Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I have a problem with the PHP of my wordpres and it is that in the VPS Server
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess your using a host for the VPS? If so, your question and even manual help is normally solved without any special problem from the host itself. It of course depends on the host and what you pay for, but with most normal hosts this is a pretty common service they include in their packages. If your not sure, simply reach out to the host and ask. I always found they are very reasonable and helpful.

Reactions: harlan4096

josejtax

Thread author
Dec 3, 2019
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess your using a host for the VPS? If so, your question and even manual help is normally solved without any special problem from the host itself. It of course depends on the host and what you pay for, but with most normal hosts this is a pretty common service they include in their packages. If your not sure, simply reach out to the host and ask. I always found they are very reasonable and helpful.

The host is me in my own VPS, so I can't turn to anyone to solve the problem, that's why I'm looking for outside help, since I have no idea how to fix it.

• Thanks

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Only tip/hint for now that I can think of, if you don't get any help from here or elsewhere that is, is to get in contact with a host and transfer everything to them. If you go down that road, just be sure before that they actually would help you with the Wordpress update.

Reactions: josejtax

josejtax

Thread author
Dec 3, 2019
Only tip/hint for now that I can think of, if you don't get any help from here or elsewhere that is, is to get in contact with a host and transfer everything to them. If you go down that road, just be sure before that they actually would help you with the Wordpress update.
Perfect, I will look in the forums of vestacp although it is complicating the thing to me the truth...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.