LDogg

Level 28
Verified
I think that in this company Comodo the staff are lazy, for that they discovered the auto sanbox :giggle:
I think many companies sometimes focus on one thing and that's the aspect they focus on most. Then other functions become weakened due to this ideology. I think this is what happened with Comodo. They have fantastic products nonetheless however, their Firewall is second to none, shame about the extension though.

~LDogg

Evjl's Rain

Level 40
Content Creator
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
I'm here :)
I would conclude that Comodo extension is not good. Don't use it.
It will slow down your browsing speed when comodo server is overloaded or your internet is slow to connect to comodo
it's very slow to react to new URLs. It's like vxvault's database fetching service because it's likely to block all vxvault links after 1-2 days. Besides vxvault, comodo is absolutely unreliable

The only extensions I can recommend for all users considering the balance between speed and detection rate (not necessarily the best): Windows defender browser protection and emsisoft

if you don't mind about resource usage and FPs, use Malwarebytes extension (best)
if you are extra worried about phishings or XSS attack, add nercraft

oldschool

Level 24
Verified
The only extensions I can recommend for all users considering the balance between speed and detection rate (not necessarily the best): Windows defender browser protection and emsisoft

if you don't mind about resource usage and FPs, use Malwarebytes extension (best)
Anyone that follows this thread should know these are your current picks! (y) These are the ones I trust the most.

Moonhorse

Level 25
Content Creator
Verified
Comodo has cool ui, but blocking is indeed so bad

Malwarebytes + netcraft + av web filter( kaspersky for me ) best one for sure

For budget pc( very old laptops) its indeed time to swap from malwarebytes extension to windows defender browser protection or either emsisoft , if there are huge issues running browser

I am myself using trace and what surprises me it has some decent features