On Sale! Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro at $69.99... and get Windows 11 free later

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://store.fileforum.com/p43629-windows_10_professional_oem
How to get a license
Go to the Beta News Software Store in the link and purchase OEM Windows 10 Pro directly from there.

oldschool

Level 82
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
If you're interested in any of the benefits of Windows 10 Pro, here's a good looking deal!

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
An OEM key. Requires a clean install of Windows to use the key. Cannot be used to upgrade Home to Pro in-place using the existing factory OS image. If the system has a good bloatware-free factory image with useful software as part of that image, then using this key you lose it.

If you want to keep your factory OS image and retain downgrade rights from Pro back to Home, then you have to buy an upgrade-in-place key from the Microsoft Windows Store.
I have had a incidence, where after I did a restore on my computer it went back to its original Windows Home and I had to manually reinstall Windows Pro, just curious why would anyone want to retain rights go back to home version?

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I think it used to be the case that you could buy a legitimate Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro disk cheaply from ebay and (by entering the code) your copy of Windows 10 Home instantly became Windows 10 PRO. No fresh install needed.

People on this forum will know more about this than me. Is the above true ??

oldschool

Level 82
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I think it used to be the case that you could buy a legitimate Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro disk cheaply from ebay and (by entering the code) your copy of Windows 10 Home instantly became Windows 10 PRO. No fresh install needed.

I believe this is a variation of my case: I had W7 Pro on another laptop purchased from an independent PC repair place, upgraded to W10 and later transferred that license to my current laptop - which originally was W10 Home.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011

Yes. I did that on my two Windows laptops. Both working without any problems.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I currently have a Windows 10 Pro installed on one PC. If I get a new PC, can I use my current Windows 10 Pro key for the new PC?
If not, how can I make it possible?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
If I get a new PC, can I use my current Windows 10 Pro key for the new PC?
If not, how can I make it possible?
Only if you've purchased a retail license for Windows 10 and aren't going to be using your old PC anymore. The same applies if you have a Windows 7 retail license, as you can still upgrade from Windows 7 for free.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
What a scam ...... smh

1. IF you have to purchase a copy of Windows 10 you can get it MUCH cheaper than $69 , I had to buy it for one pc I own and got it for as low as $49 legitimately
2. Buying Windows 10 is NOT an automatic prerequisite and does not guarentee you being able to install Windows 11, yes you may get Windows 11 for free but if you don't have the correct system specs your not going to install Windows 11 not matter what you do.

One thing I hate is a leech and no truth in advertising.

Last edited:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
What a scam ...... smh
It's highly possible lawsuits will take place in US maybe even in the EU for those who advertised free upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11
and are not able to do so because of the hardware restrictions put in by MS after the fact.

Reactions: Nevi

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
but if you don't have the correct system specs your not going to install Windows 11 not matter what you do.
There are workarounds which make it very easy to install Windows 11 on systems that can run Windows 10, but don't meet the minimum system requirements for 11. As an example, I'm running insider builds of Windows 11 on two 15-year-old laptops, which originally came with XP.

However, Microsoft have said that computers which don't officially support Windows 11, won't receive updates. Time will tell if that is actually the case, and if it is, if there will be workarounds.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
$70 for malware lol. Put the $70 into your first payment for a MacBook or a Chromebook and live your life worryfree.

• HaHa
Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.