URGENT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE MALWARE REMOVAL

tonton

Thread author
Nov 16, 2018
hey guys i came to ask for help because im in desperate need of it, so awhile back my family computer got infected and so did my sisters external hard drive thats around 400GB in size and has a lot of old pictures and movies, what scares me is that it has $RECYCLE.BIN, Drive.bat and Files.bat in it and it encrypted the files so i cant access it all(i kept opening the folders but it just kept on misleading me). from what ive seen in Youtube videos and website guides the 3 things are totally seperate viruses, what should i do? i took it to a computer shop and they said they told me i would have to do a Data Recovery so what software should i use? im planning on MCShield and later if it dosent work EaseUS. im super paranoid and ive tried everything, i need help ASAP

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.