Expired US, Canada & UK - AVG Internet Security 2020 for free on May 10

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://giveaway.downloadcrew.com/offer/avg_internet_security/42780
Event start
May 10, 2020
Event end
May 11, 2020
How to get a license
Giveaway available for residents in [B]United States, Canada and United Kingdom[/B] between GMT 12:00 Sunday May 10 and 23:59 Monday May 11 [B]or until codes run out[/B].

BigWrench

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Note that this 1-Device license can be used to activate either AVG Internet Security 2020 for your PC or Mac.

Giveaway available for residents in United States, Canada and United Kingdom between GMT 12:00 Sunday May 10 and 23:59 Monday May 11 or until codes run out.

Last edited by a moderator:

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
The alternative deal, AVG Ultimate 2 years 10 devices for USD 25 is pretty good too, especially considering that it includes the VPN service.

Now I know it is far from the best VPN but it is good value at that price.

Iapepe

Level 10
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
They say:

"This offer is ONLY for legitmate residents of the US, UK and Canada. We will block codes which are noticeably from people outside this region. Do not try and use a VPN - we are watching. We will ask AVG to block VPN-obtained codes. Sorry.

We will check every account request manually and accept legitimate requests (but block others). Check back again later as your account might have been manually accepted.

Remember to follow the instructions on the page and click "Get Serial Code" to obtain your code!"

bedeawo

May 10, 2020
Hi, thx for share.

Can someone clear a doubt that I have?

AVG Internet Security 2020 works for Windows PC's,

For MAC, does the product (AVG Internet Security) have the same name?, and on Android, how is it called?

Because I'm confused, of the information I see on the page: (AVG Internet Security LINK), and would like to know the right product name for MAC and Android.

BigWrench

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Not sure. But found this on the site. Hope it helps.
Note that this 1-Device license can be used to activate either AVG Internet Security 2020 for your PC or Mac.

Reactions: zoran popovic

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Does the license have to activated before the time runs out or can you keep the license afterwards?

~LDogg

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
I have purchased a two-year 10-device license for AVG Internet Security for $5 (originally $9.99 but eBay send me a 50% discount code). The seller is sth like @dptsoft and he is an authorised reseller of Panda, AVG, Avast and Mcafee.

They're getting better with their snooping and all - the new versions are less intrusive, but apparently you have to do a clean install on a fresh install of windows to see this difference - old users are still subject to the in-your-face intrusive stuff they had been doing in the past.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
They're getting better with their snooping and all - the new versions are less intrusive, but apparently you have to do a clean install on a fresh install of windows to see this difference - old users are still subject to the in-your-face intrusive stuff they had been doing in the past.
I said goodbye. Trust, once it is lost, it is very hard to be regained.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
And why was it lost? Is it ineffective against malware?
Please don't tell me they've also stole your data... :eek:🤣
Well, it is very effective against malware and I do like its hardened mode. Well, aside from the news about selling users' data, I did not like "managed by your organisation" message in Chrome. Please do not tell me " do not install the extension as you do not need it". If I do not trust a part of the product, I do not trust it as a whole.

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Well, it is very effective against malware and I do like its hardened mode. Well, aside from the news about selling users' data, I did not like "managed by your organisation" message in Chrome. Please do not tell me " do not install the extension as you do not need it". If I do not trust a part of the product, I do not trust it as a whole.
Hm... I use Avast's extension in Chromium Edge and I've never seen that message. But I don't see why that message would be a bad thing, it means it's protecting you.
Yeah and it wouldn't be a good idea if you used their AV without the extension, the extension is needed as part of their phishing protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hm... I use Avast's extension in Chromium Edge and I've never seen that message. But I don't see why that message would be a bad thing, it means it's protecting you.
Yeah and it wouldn't be a good idea if you used their AV without the extension, the extension is needed as part of their phishing protection.

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020

That message "managed by your organization" has nothing to do with any extension. In fact, I reiterate that you do not need to use any extension in Avast/AVG as the web/phishing protection works just fine without it.

That message in Firefox and Chrome (as well as all other browsers that the Avast/AVG can detect) is down to the product forcing these browsers to use certain settings and security certificates the Avast/AVG products installs on the system. Mainly to change QUIC traffic to HTTP/2, because Avast's web shield doesn't scan QUIC yet as it is an experimental protocol. Since the user cannot be bothered to change settings on his browser, Avast decided to "impose" the settings. That's where this "managed by your organization" comes from. Avast/AVG also apparently is able to inject new browser tabs with ads for their SafePrice and Online Security extension, as has happened to me a couple of times (usually immediately after installation).

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
That message "managed by your organization" has nothing to do with any extension. In fact, I reiterate that you do not need to use any extension in Avast/AVG as the web/phishing protection works just fine without it.

That message in Firefox and Chrome (as well as all other browsers that the Avast/AVG can detect) is down to the product forcing these browsers to use certain settings and security certificates the Avast/AVG products installs on the system. Mainly to change QUIC traffic to HTTP/2, because Avast's web shield doesn't scan QUIC yet as it is an experimental protocol. Since the user cannot be bothered to change settings on his browser, Avast decided to "impose" the settings. That's where this "managed by your organization" comes from. Avast/AVG also apparently is able to inject new browser tabs with ads for their SafePrice and Online Security extension, as has happened to me a couple of times (usually immediately after installation).
And the only way to stop Avast and AVG from forcing that thing is by disabling web shield which is not a good idea, right? I do not want Avast to tamper with my browser. There are many better options available now, so I do not have to worry.

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I've installed both Avast and AVG recently and didn't have any of those problems you keep talking about... The message doesn't appear, they don't inject anything in your browsers. The first time you launch the browser it will open the page of their extension on Microsoft Store (Edge), you can then click install if you wish, that's it.
This just got to a point when some people are just repeating what they read that someone said somewhere.
It offers top quality protection. For paid there might be some options, but the only free option that can really compete with Avast is Kaspersky.

The extension is important for the phishing protection, it's weaker without it. It shows you the reputation of your search results and all the sites you enter. It can also block trackers if you want (not by default).

There are many better options available now, so I do not have to worry.
You mean like this? Video - BullGuard Internet Security 5.6.20

Last edited:
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.