RS4 17134.472
    System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Manual Updates - User intervention required
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    WD platform v1809.50
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • No security settings changes
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    EEK,HMP. (Retiring MBAM and ZAM very soon)
    Browsers and Extensions
    uBO, Cookie Autodelete,BD Traffic Light, SC Currency converter, S3.translator,Default bookmark folder,HTTPS everywhere,Uget, User agent switcher etc...
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    uBO
    Password Managers
  • Lastpass
  • Web Search
  • Google, Bing, Duck Duck go
  • System Utilities
    CCleaner, Dism++, Bleachbit,Windows Disk Cleanup,Wise disk cleaner,System Ninja
    Data Backup
    Macrium reflect PE
    Frequency of Data backups
    Weekly
    System Backup
    Macrium reflect PE
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally
    Computer Specifications
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/vasudevs-new-rig.64502/

Vasudev

Level 29
    Verified
    Updated to 17134.81
    Added:
    Bitdefender Traffic Light

Removed:
    Avira Browser safety caused a memory leak where every tab consumed 100-200MB of extra RAM. Thanks to @Spawn about the post regarding ABS on firefox.

Reactions: harlan4096

Vasudev

Level 29
    Verified
    No, @Umbra means Bitwarden is less bloated and less targeted by hackers. ;)
    By the way: good configuration!
    Thanks.
    But I want to switch to LP since it has push notification based 2FA for easy login.
    Even 1 Click matching site is absent from BW. Then again, migration from LP to BW is a pain. I'm glad I sorted this issue out. And imported data is a success.

Reactions: askalan

Vasudev

Level 29
    Verified
    Updated Fields and added new SW.
    Added:
    Wise disk cleaner
    HBCD PE
    Macrium Reflect PE
    CCleaner Will be removed if avast makes it worse.
    Reverted to older W10 Backup build 112 since build 165 gave lot of issues.

Reactions: harlan4096

Vasudev

Level 29
    Verified
    What kind of issues? Did you try build 137 or 167?
    Apps and games were slower to launch. Had to rebuild ngen or assembly cache to get some improvements. Then again, my RAM module failed suddenly. So, I reverted back and performance was back to normal. I tried updating to 137 and installed new adobe flash and servicing stack really messed it up even on good RAM module. So, now even with spectre OS protection slowdown was minimal and barely noticeable.

Vasudev

Level 29
    Verified
    Updated to build 228.
    In the process of removing MBAM 2.x and switch to ZAM.
    Updated to WD 4.18.x
    Added:
    AiOBoot UEFI/Legacy (Xubuntu 18,Windows 10,Windows 10 PE, Sergei strelec, HBCD PE,Eset sysrescue,KRD,Dr. Web LiveCD,Boot Repair etc...)

Vasudev

Level 29
    Verified
    Added:
    System Ninja
    Updated to WD v1809
    @Umbra Do you have any recommendation for on demand scanners? I'm thinking of removing MBAM 2.x and ZAM(not updated for a year)
    Do you recommend CCleaner latest version? I'm holding back at 5.43 and never updated. The setup file is becoming massive day by day. Wise disk cleaner and System Ninja setup files are under 5Megs. Is it advisable to update MBAM 2 to 3.x?

D

Deleted member 178

Added:
    System Ninja
    Updated to WD v1809
    @Umbra Do you have any recommendation for on demand scanners? I'm thinking of removing MBAM 2.x and ZAM(not updated for a year)
    Do you recommend CCleaner latest version? I'm holding back at 5.43 and never updated. The setup file is becoming massive day by day. Wise disk cleaner and System Ninja setup files are under 5Megs. Is it advisable to update MBAM 2 to 3.x?
    For OD scanners, i only use EEK (Emsisoft) and HMP, nothing else. They just sit there in case I see abnormal behaviors on my system.

About cleaners, I use CCleaner and Wisedisk cleaner both in portable version.

About MBAM, i have a lifetime premium license and I don't use it yet... I will do when they will implement WFC.
    MBAM 3.0 is living now only on its old v1.75 reputation... To me it is almost obsolete.

Vasudev

Level 29
    Verified
    Well, Privacy Eraser is portable and so good. Try it!
    Will give it a shot! I already have Bleachbit,Wise Disk cleaner,Privazer(Portable),Enhanced Win disk cleanup mgr,Dism++ and ccleaner.
    For OD scanners, i only use EEK (Emsisoft) and HMP, nothing else. They just sit there in case I see abnormal behaviors on my system.

About cleaners, I use CCleaner and Wisedisk cleaner both in portable version.

About MBAM, i have a lifetime premium license and I don't use it yet... I will do when they will implement WFC.
    MBAM 3.0 is living now only on its old v1.75 reputation... To me it is almost obsolete.
    Aren't they paid SW with real time protection and cause unwanted behaviour w/ Defender and AppGuard?