Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
WD platform v1809.50
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
EEK,HMP. (Retiring MBAM and ZAM very soon)
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
uBO, Cookie Autodelete,BD Traffic Light, SC Currency converter, S3.translator,Default bookmark folder,HTTPS everywhere,Uget, User agent switcher etc...
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Dism++, Bleachbit,Windows Disk Cleanup,Wise disk cleaner,System Ninja
File and Photo backup
Macrium reflect PE
System recovery
Macrium reflect PE
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/vasudevs-new-rig.64502/

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Updated to 17134.81
Added:
Bitdefender Traffic Light

Removed:
Avira Browser safety caused a memory leak where every tab consumed 100-200MB of extra RAM. Thanks to @Spawn about the post regarding ABS on firefox.

Reactions: harlan4096

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
No, @Umbra means Bitwarden is less bloated and less targeted by hackers. ;)
By the way: good configuration!
Thanks.
But I want to switch to LP since it has push notification based 2FA for easy login.
Even 1 Click matching site is absent from BW. Then again, migration from LP to BW is a pain. I'm glad I sorted this issue out. And imported data is a success.

Reactions: AlanOstaszewski

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Updated Fields and added new SW.
Added:
Wise disk cleaner
HBCD PE
Macrium Reflect PE
CCleaner Will be removed if avast makes it worse.
Reverted to older W10 Backup build 112 since build 165 gave lot of issues.

Reactions: harlan4096

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
What kind of issues? Did you try build 137 or 167?
Apps and games were slower to launch. Had to rebuild ngen or assembly cache to get some improvements. Then again, my RAM module failed suddenly. So, I reverted back and performance was back to normal. I tried updating to 137 and installed new adobe flash and servicing stack really messed it up even on good RAM module. So, now even with spectre OS protection slowdown was minimal and barely noticeable.

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Updated to build 228.
In the process of removing MBAM 2.x and switch to ZAM.
Updated to WD 4.18.x
Added:
AiOBoot UEFI/Legacy (Xubuntu 18,Win 10,Win 10 PE, Sergei strelec, HBCD PE,Eset sysrescue,KRD,Dr. Web LiveCD,Boot Repair etc...)

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Updated to build 320.
Anybody has suggestions for a VPN service that works at router level? I want to check if my ISP is throttling my speeds for normal big files.

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Added:
System Ninja
Updated to WD v1809
@Umbra Do you have any recommendation for on demand scanners? I'm thinking of removing MBAM 2.x and ZAM(not updated for a year)
Do you recommend CCleaner latest version? I'm holding back at 5.43 and never updated. The setup file is becoming massive day by day. Wise disk cleaner and System Ninja setup files are under 5Megs. Is it advisable to update MBAM 2 to 3.x?

D

Deleted member 178

Added:
System Ninja
Updated to WD v1809
@Umbra Do you have any recommendation for on demand scanners? I'm thinking of removing MBAM 2.x and ZAM(not updated for a year)
Do you recommend CCleaner latest version? I'm holding back at 5.43 and never updated. The setup file is becoming massive day by day. Wise disk cleaner and System Ninja setup files are under 5Megs. Is it advisable to update MBAM 2 to 3.x?
For OD scanners, i only use EEK (Emsisoft) and HMP, nothing else. They just sit there in case I see abnormal behaviors on my system.

About cleaners, I use CCleaner and Wisedisk cleaner both in portable version.

About MBAM, i have a lifetime premium license and I don't use it yet... I will do when they will implement WFC.
MBAM 3.0 is living now only on its old v1.75 reputation... To me it is almost obsolete.

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Well, Privacy Eraser is portable and so good. Try it!
Will give it a shot! I already have Bleachbit,Wise Disk cleaner,Privazer(Portable),Enhanced Win disk cleanup mgr,Dism++ and ccleaner.
For OD scanners, i only use EEK (Emsisoft) and HMP, nothing else. They just sit there in case I see abnormal behaviors on my system.

About cleaners, I use CCleaner and Wisedisk cleaner both in portable version.

About MBAM, i have a lifetime premium license and I don't use it yet... I will do when they will implement WFC.
MBAM 3.0 is living now only on its old v1.75 reputation... To me it is almost obsolete.
Aren't they paid SW with real time protection and cause unwanted behaviour w/ Defender and AppGuard?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.