Vipre 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Syntax said:
Vipre 2013 installation wants me to remove Malwarebytes PRO.

Is it okay to run Vipre Internet Security 2013 with Malwarebytes PRO? Does anyone encounter some incompatibility/bugs with running these 2 side-by-side?

Just install mbam after vipre
I am using it without any slow down and very good detection too

I

illumination

Stranger said:
Syntax said:

Is it okay to run Vipre Internet Security 2013 with Malwarebytes PRO? Does anyone encounter some incompatibility/bugs with running these 2 side-by-side?

I ran Vipre for a long time, when i did i had it set up with this simple setting.

Firewall: Learning Mode
Hips: Block with Notify
IDS: I had high set to Block with Notify,medium and low set to just block.
Secure File Eraser: Ticked
Scans: Custom

Once trained, nothing that was not allowed moved on my system with out setting off Vipre. It was at the time i ran it, a little heavy handed on the webfilter. It did a great job keeping my system clean, of course i did have mbam as backup as well..

RobL

Jan 5, 2013
I don't see a problem with this and MWB.

I read the spyware scans of Vipre are not that great but it excels in AV.

-Rob

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Clearcloud has been stopped. Instead all databases of clearcloud is now available in Vipre Web scanner. So in just theory clearcloud has stopped. Vipre users will still get the great security offered by clearcloud.

[qoute]Just install mbam after vipre
I am using it without any slow down and very good detection too[/qoute]
Its practically useless running MBAM alongside Vipre. Vipre and MBAM have a database sharing agreement. So you get the same detection.

D

Deleted member 178

malbky said:
Clearcloud has been stopped. Instead all databases of clearcloud is now available in Vipre Web scanner. So in just theory clearcloud has stopped. Vipre users will still get the great security offered by clearcloud.

what i wanted to know, thanks

RobL

Jan 5, 2013
I would like to ask this again, could someone please update the key as the current one posted is null and void. I'm looking for a key that will work on all computers for a while.

Thanks,
-Rob

P

Plexx

RobL said:
I would like to ask this again, could someone please update the key as the current one posted is null and void. I'm looking for a key that will work on all computers for a while.

Thanks,
-Rob

Keys in OP were for during Beta stage.

VIPRE is no longer in Beta stage for 2013 version.

P

Plexx

rebel4life said:
can vipre antivirus run good with bitdefender would like to try it

No.

VIPRE is not made to run along as a companion AV nor BD.

In fact, VIPRE is one of the most difficult solutions to pair up with stuff so to speak.

D

Deleted member 178

if you like use Bit Defender and another AV together , switch to Emsisoft AM or Immunet (paid version) then you can run alongside them any other AVs you want.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
illumination said:
Stranger said:
Syntax said:

I ran Vipre for a long time, when i did i had it set up with this simple setting.

Firewall: Learning Mode
Hips: Block with Notify
IDS: I had high set to Block with Notify,medium and low set to just block.
Secure File Eraser: Ticked
Scans: Custom

Once trained, nothing that was not allowed moved on my system with out setting off Vipre. It was at the time i ran it, a little heavy handed on the webfilter. It did a great job keeping my system clean, of course i did have mbam as backup as well..

I use VIPRE IS 2013, how to configure it?
Do you need to turn on the HIPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.