Status
Not open for further replies.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Which program is better for user? Vipre IS 2013 or Trend Micro Maximum Security 2013
1.resources
2.detection
3. security

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Personally when it comes to resources I find Trend is quite good, but I haven't test Vipre for a long period of time so I wouldn't know how good it is when it comes to resources.

Detection I guarantee Virpe is better as all Trend has is a very strong web guard. So I have no doubts there.

What do you mean by security? the overall security of the to two programs?

I

illumination

Trend is pretty much a set and forget security suite, where Vipre, can be tweaked via the advance settings for even more protection, including it's HIPS, IDS.. You can run the firewall in learning mode to give you more control.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Also forgot to add, that Trend doesn't have a Firewall. It uses a Windows Firewall booster which boosts the security of the Windows Firewall. Trend used to have a firewall till the cloud version of the program up.

I

illumination

Akash209 said:
illumination said:
Akash209 said:
TrendMicro Is MUCH better then VIPRE..!!

And you have tested both of these to their full potential?

yah.. In test of 50 files trendmicro detected 47, where as vipre detected only 39.. Trendmicro webfilter is Best!

Trend web filter is good, i will not deny that. For over all protection, try unleashing Vipre's full potential and get back to me.

When i say unleash, i mean, you can enable the firewall in learning mode, enable the IDS/boot protection of firewall, enable the other settings in the webfilter settings, and enable the HIPS "Block with Notify".

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
nastavnikhe said:
Which program is better for user? Vipre IS 2013 or Trend Micro Maximum Security 2013
1.resources
2.detection
3. security

Try both and test them for yourself.
I haven't use either because I only use freeware security products.

Thanks.:D

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I have not tried Vipre in a couple of years but the recent Trend has improved a lot.

But as Littlebits said, Give 'em a run in a VM and test it out for yourself, Its the best way to find out.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
McLovin said:
Personally when it comes to resources I find Trend is quite good, but I haven't test Vipre for a long period of time so I wouldn't know how good it is when it comes to resources.

Detection I guarantee Virpe is better as all Trend has is a very strong web guard. So I have no doubts there.

What do you mean by security? the overall security of the to two programs?

Yes,I I thought the overall safety. Which has better protection general

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
illumination said:
Trend is pretty much a set and forget security suite, where Vipre, can be tweaked via the advance settings for even more protection, including it's HIPS, IDS.. You can run the firewall in learning mode to give you more control.

Extended settings are for advanced users.I am a regular user and do not know how to set VIPRE for better protection!?
I notice that the Laptop with VIPRE IS works fast and does not slow down the Internet.

I

illumination

nastavnikhe said:
illumination said:

Extended settings are for advanced users.I am a regular user and do not know how to set VIPRE for better protection!?
I notice that the Laptop with VIPRE IS works fast and does not slow down the Internet.

Vipre's webguard used to be a little heavy handed, but it seems they have worked that out.

I responded based on your number 3: Security, and your interest of over all protection. This response of course was based without knowing the level of your knowledge. It was an over all based response.

Trend Micro is good, the web filter has been showing amazing results. Vipre "tweaked" can provide over all protection and greater control, but this of course depends on the user, their knowledge, and uses.

At this point, i would advise you to do the same a couple others mentioned, and just try both for yourself.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Quite simple, if you want more settings to "tweak" go with Vipre, but if you just want an AV to use and protect you, Trend Micro.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
TheErzengel said:
In my past I was better with Vipre.

Vipre more protection.

PS: Use the two free in promotions of 6-month trial.
Are you sure that the promotion 6 months?
I know of one months trial?

I'll try first VIPRE

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If we are gonna based on its characteristics and views, Trend Micro provides online security through cloud makes it like a install and forget type.

While Vipre like other AV's more designed to be a flexible either in basic or advance type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.