Status
Not open for further replies.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Which program is better for user? Vipre IS 2013 or Trend Micro Maximum Security 2013
1.resources
2.detection
3. security

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
I have a problem with Trend Micro.I just installed Titanium and enabled Trend firewall booster for Windows 7. But the system keeps disabling my Windows firewall. Also if I manually enable it then my browser does not connect to any websites.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
nastavnikhe said:
I have a problem with Trend Micro.I just installed Titanium and enabled Trend firewall booster for Windows 7. But the system keeps disabling my Windows firewall. Also if I manually enable it then my browser does not connect to any websites.

Not sure what's happening there, as I'm using Windows 7 64bit and everything in it works like a charm.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
McLovin said:
Personally when it comes to resources I find Trend is quite good, but I haven't test Vipre for a long period of time so I wouldn't know how good it is when it comes to resources.

Detection I guarantee Virpe is better as all Trend has is a very strong web guard. So I have no doubts there.

What do you mean by security? the overall security of the to two programs?

In Terms of resource it's lighter then Trend, though i'm not sure about the 2013 edition, the 2012 was pretty light, though i found the popup really really annoying especially when it's in training mode, i find PF's training mode better then Vipre's FW

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Which program is better for user? Vipre IS 2013 or Trend Micro Maximum Security 2013
1.resources : Vipre
2.detection : Vipre
3. security : Vipre (Though the FW is annoying to configure, once you do get it set according to your needs, it does a good job.)

Though i voted for trend bcuz i have not used the 2013 edition yet.

Though if you prefer to just install the AV and forget about it then Trend will do you justice
If you prefer tweaking then Vipre will do you justice.

Though, whichever product you choose you will be good with it. For Trend though McLovin here is an expert with it and can guide you well will if you need some tweaking or some idea's on what settings you should choose on it xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.