Advice Request Voodooshield and Working with a VPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am using VS Free, and my VPN app does not yet have split tunneling to allow VS to connect to the internet for unknown app analysis.

I was wondering is the workaround to switch VS to "offline mode" while I am using the VPN so as to alert me to any unknown file attempting to run?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I was wondering is the workaround to switch VS to "offline mode" while I am using the VPN so as to alert me to any unknown file attempting to run?
Be aware of this:
Online - You get alerts with blacklist scan & VAi verdict.
Offline - You get alerts "connect to internet for cloud analysis" with options allow/block.
Q&A - Will VoodooShield work offline?

Edit: be aware that point #1 above refers to older version of VS, which now uses Whitelist Cloud instead of blacklist.

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Right click on VS taskbar Icon, scroll down to Offline Mode, click on it.
See if that does the trick.
This did not help me. I could connect somehow lastnight, but not today.
I mean that VS is preventing my VPN to get connected. What should I do?

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This did not help me. I could connect somehow lastnight, but not today.
I mean that VS is preventing my VPN to get connected. What should I do?
fwiw, I often run a vpn and I've never had VS block my vpn connection, and VS works fine too with vpn connection. My VS settings are mostly default. (I sometimes think a problem on pc is caused by X and later find out it had nothing to do with X??)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.