danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb . So there is a chance that a malware signed and verifiable could slip past CL ?
People are probably tired of me saying this, but CyberLock does not auto allow by Digital Signature alone when it is ON. I repeat this a lot because this is an important and unique feature of CyberLock. It would be a lot easier to auto allow by digital signature, but as you have seen, doing this is not secure.

So no, there is no chance that a malware signed and verifiable could slip past CyberLock when it is ON.

Now, if VS is on AutoPilot or OFF, there is an small chance that it could slip through, but it order to do so, it would have to also be verified by CyberLock's digital signature list, and also pass WhitelistCloud and VoodooAi analysis. In other words, CyberLock is very conservative and we do not take any chances.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Is it possible to use CL as ransomware protection by blocking program access to a folder except for specific programs?
No... we were going to implement something like this until Controlled Folder Access was implemented into Windows. The main goal of CyberLock is to never let the malicious code ever run in the first place.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

No... we were going to implement something like this until Controlled Folder Access was implemented into Windows. The main goal of CyberLock is to never let the malicious code ever run in the first place.
I tried using Defender with CL, but my system slows down. The system runs smoothly now that Defender is off and CL is on Smart + Aggressive. Based on what I’ve seen, CL on its own is a reliable defense, particularly in combination with WhitelistCloud. I'm certain that many people rely on CL as their sole and primary protection.

Victor M

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
@danb Hi, What will happen if a malware is inserted into Windows Update and tries to install during a Restart ? Because it is doing a Restart there will be no UI available for CL to prompt me, will it default to Not running that malware ?

Azazel

Level 6
Jun 15, 2023
Will Voodooshield add win32 app isolation and CFG, CET Exploit mitigations @danb ?

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Will Voodooshield add win32 app isolation and CFG, CET Exploit mitigations @danb ?
It protects everything in Windows. I'm not sure if the methods CL uses are the same as Exploit Protection.

BTW, you can configure Exploit Protection manually for any program you like, and rely on it as part of your security setup even without CL.

Keep it simple, stay safe and not paranoid! :D

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
This popped up twice this morning after starting computer, VS icon in taskbar has an X through it and disappears when you hover mouse over it. If I click on VS icon on desktop the icon in the taskbar comes back and then program seems to work again. After I did this the first time it was about 10 minutes before it happened again. I have a lifetime license. Thanks Dan.
Screenshot 2023-07-04 081024.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.