From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb Why is Windows Sandbox enabled by default? 🤔
That is odd, it shouldn't be as far as I know. I thought Windows Sandbox was a feature you had to manually enable.

The "Enable Windows Sandbox" CyberLock option simply looks to see if Windows Sandbox is installed on the machine, and if so, turns the toggle switch to ON. So I am guessing that if Windows Sandbox is not actually enabled, then there is an issue with the way CyberLock is detecting whether it is enabled or not. Either way it should be a super easy fix, we just need to figure out how to reproduce the issue. Thank you!

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
It seems the problem is Whhlight from @Andy Ful . So it's not a bug from DefenderUI. Everytime I open and close Whhlight it sets Smartscreen to Warn.
If you mix and match security software it's hard to find out which causes a problem. Uninstall one (resetting setting to default before), reboot and see if the problem persists. If yes redeploy from a backup and uninstall the other one to see what then happens. Posting Defender UI questions in the VS thread may lead to confusion (when Defender UI has it's own thread).

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It seems the problem is Whhlight from @Andy Ful . So it's not a bug from DefenderUI. Everytime I open and close Whhlight it sets Smartscreen to Warn.
fwiw I do not mix VS/CL with @Andy Ful apps. On some pc & VM I run CL, on others WHHLight, not both together. Both are excellent, but hard for me to know (understand) when they might be tripping over one another. (or too many cooks spoil the broth :ROFLMAO:)

EDIT @Freki123 I posted my comment before I saw yours... (great minds... )

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I run Cyberlock at Default. I short time ago I noticed it went from Default to Training Mode. Why would this happen. A few seconds later it went back to Default. This makes me uneasy. Can somebody address this?
TIA
If the computer is online but you have no interaction with computer for several minutes (default might be 10 min) it shows "training" -- then when you interact with keyboard it should revert to the mode you have selected, "autopilot" or "smart" or "default"... so this sounds normal to me. CL is still protecting your computer. Exactly why @danb has it setup this way, I do not recall...

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I run Cyberlock at Default. I short time ago I noticed it went from Default to Training Mode. Why would this happen. A few seconds later it went back to Default. This makes me uneasy. Can somebody address this?
TIA
I use Always On and disable "Automatically deactivate after X minutes of system idle". If you prefer Smart mode then disable that same setting.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hello, would it be possible to add a command or a button to mass delete whitelist's rules for files not on disks anymore ? Atm the only way is to delete them one by one, a rather time consuming process. Thanks in advance
CyberLock will automatically cleanup and remove any whitelisted item if the file no longer exists. The whitelist cleanup happens during the Snapshot Scan. Thank you!

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
CyberLock will automatically cleanup and remove any whitelisted item if the file no longer exists. The whitelist cleanup happens during the Snapshot Scan. Thank you!
So the user would have to have WLC running? Because I only remember one other way to trigger a Snapshot Scan and that would be to reset the whitelist.

• Thanks
Reactions: Avethil

Avethil

Level 1
Dec 5, 2023
For a new Snapshot Scan do I have to press on button "Reset Whitelist" ? I'm asking because I never used that command.
I don't use WhiteListCloud so the only option is to reset the whitelist as Freki123 says, whom I thank for the information.
But if I reset the whitelist the new Snapshot Scan would whitelist only the processes currently running at the moment of the scan so all other files should be whitelisted again or am I wrong ?
If this were the case I think that if it were possible to implement a command that would delete the orphaned whitelist entries without performing a new snapshot scan would be a better solution, in my opinion.

I've just found in Cyberlock manual:

Other buttons:
Reset Whitelist (Button): This button will reset the whitelist and take a whitelist snapshot of the currently running processes, automatically adding them to the whitelist.

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
So the user would have to have WLC running?
No.
For a new Snapshot Scan do I have to press on button "Reset Whitelist" ?
No.

Cleanup is done automatically. You can see there is a specific setting enabled by default. Can't remember where exactly and don't have it installed ATM so I can't post screenshot.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.