Yep. Just download and install it.Do I just need to download the .exe from the main website?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Yep. Just download and install it.Do I just need to download the .exe from the main website?
I know this is an old post.. but I have this issue too. When I start my cpu I get a popup stating 4.71 is available and I click to download it but nothing happens. Do I just need to download the .exe from the main website?
Yesterday I tried version 499beta2, and it seemed that some of my applications were launching with a significant delay. Anyone else have this issue?Here's 5.0 from Dan for all of your Voodoo pleasure!
"Hey everyone, sorry I have been away, things have been crazy.
Here is the latest version of VS. It should be ready for public release, but if you guys find anything we need to change or fix, please let me know!
www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield500.exe
SHA256: a9e27a98ab5787b5fa8fa2044d063312846b0cd02ef361ed61c71a4715d64c40
Thank you guys, talk to you soon!"
Yesterday I tried version 499beta2, and it seemed that some of my applications were launching with a significant delay. Anyone else have this issue?
I didn't test it for very long, but it also seemed to forget my manual whitelist rules.
I got 5.0 and took an advanced snapshot. Default recommended settings. Everything is very snappy this time. It's like night and day. I suspect that my custom settings messed things up. For instance, I have my Downloads folder on my data partition (so I don't lose my downloaded files every time I restore a system image), so I had enabled Voodooshield Custom Folders and messed around in there. Maybe that was the problem? I also had enabled "Use individual settings for each user."Why not get 5.0 and take it for a test drive? Maybe clean install or take an advanced snapshot?
Glad it worked out for you. I'll be interested in hearing your feedback on this version once you've run it for a while.
BTW: I guess Dan wasn't ready to implement a new GUI design he expected to ship with 5.0. No big deal for me anyway.
For you licencing question just login on the voodooshield website and you can manage your license there with a few clicks. Realy easyI do get a little concerned about fresh installs lest the licencing system gets upset but all OK, great program!
Thanks for that, weirdly as it's a sort things out day I renewed my sub as it expired in a few days to VS & now have a new shiny name/password, though I've paid in the past my last one was a Giveaway, which was actually fully honored throughout the time-frame, hence my reluctance to fresh install, but thanks for that info, helpful!For you licencing question just login on the voodooshield website and you can manage your license there with a few clicks. Realy easy![]()
From the VoodooShield support forum at Calendar of Updates:Where is everyone getting version 5? The official site still shows 4.72.
Thanks to all who replied to my question about Smart mode and toggling.
Dan, I understand that you recommend Smart mode, so maybe you could spell out the advantages of the toggle approach, as opposed to the always-on approach? It sounds like most users, including myself, can't see the practical difference.
I agree, shouldn't be much of a difference in terms of usability. But a smaller Whitelist can be safer like he said.Don't forget to let your buddies know if you see any practical difference. I'm not betting on it.![]()
A couple years ago KIS had a known bug that it prevented automatic Windows updates on certain systems (it happened to me). It took them months to fix the bug. The actual updates worked okay, but Windows did not know that an update was available.I let people running Kaspersky alone instead (as it never caused issues with any Upgrades).
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes