Battle Vote, Best Free Defrag Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Subject says it all, vote please, if any important software name i missed , please tell :)

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
looks like some of you like Perfect Disk??? i heard it first time though.....
it also has a free version?? anyone used it??
http://www.raxco.com/home/pdfree.aspx

P

Plexx

RE: include tuneup utilities

karamjit lal said:
why u excluded "Tuneup Utilities"

Have a read at the poll.

Hint:
Others [ Please Specify ]

Poll can only have up to 10 options. There are more than 10 defrag tools for windows alone.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

karamjit lal said:
why u excluded "Tuneup Utilities"

Gave that a spin today, and boy is it bloated or what? Mine you I did it on a VM, but still really slow to boot up and to perform tasks. Not one I would be picking everyday.

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
Gave that a spin today, and boy is it bloated or what? Mine you I did it on a VM, but still really slow to boot up and to perform tasks. Not one I would be picking everyday.

2009 and 2010 were considered the best versions of Tuneup Utilities by many users over the internet. post 2010 the program just started to fall into a endless pit.

Latest version is no better than 2012.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Paid : (Even though it is Off-topic) = Auslogic Disk-Defragger Professional

Free (on-topic) ; Defraggler by the developers of CCleaner

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
i can`t defrag my hdd because i use Rollback RX and it doesn`t let me use any defrag software. if i were to choose between defragging my hdd and the security provided by rollback i would go with the security provided by rollback.

P

Plexx

tipo said:
i can`t defrag my hdd because i use Rollback RX and it doesn`t let me use any defrag software. if i were to choose between defragging my hdd and the security provided by rollback i would go with the security provided by rollback.

I wouldn't consider what Rollback RX provides being security but convenience.

If I recall correctly, you can uninstall Rollback, defrag, then reinstall Rollback. Basically the same method as to if you wished to update your backup.

On a side note, unless you move/install/delete a lot of data, a defrag every 6 months or so is fine. Any more than that would just be a waste of time to say the least.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Biozfear said:
tipo said:

I wouldn't consider what Rollback RX provides being security but convenience.

If I recall correctly, you can uninstall Rollback, defrag, then reinstall Rollback. Basically the same method as to if you wished to update your backup.

On a side note, unless you move/install/delete a lot of data, a defrag every 6 months or so is fine. Any more than that would just be a waste of time to say the least.

I think,you are doing it a little late,every three-month I defrag,I get like 20% of fragmantion. So six months will be kind of late,I suggest defrag in three month?. But it also depends upon user/how they use computer

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
@umbra:
i don`t think rollback defrags the whole partition/hdd. it only defrags the snapshots it creates to take less space.(if i recall correctly)

D

Deleted member 178

tipo said:
@umbra:
i don`t think rollback defrags the whole partition/hdd. it only defrags the snapshots it creates to take less space.(if i recall correctly)

indeed, it defrag the snapshots PLUS the one you are using right now (aka your system).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My initial vote, Windows Disk Defrag.

After Auslogics Disk Defrag Portable gave me unlimited Error windows (over 200 of them), I tried and liked IObit Smart Defrag (also changed that as my vote).

AusDiskDefrag Portable
Yg5OQFQ.png

IObit Smart Defrag v2.8
Pcz3EVx.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have been using the Windows built-in one for years, so I thought after some sluggish performance (see my config page), I thought I'd give a third-party one a spin, those were my results. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.