Choose you favourite defrag software

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
looks like some of you like Perfect Disk??? i heard it first time though.....
it also has a free version?? anyone used it??
http://www.raxco.com/home/pdfree.aspx

P

Plexx

RE: include tuneup utilities

karamjit lal said:
why u excluded "Tuneup Utilities"
Have a read at the poll.

Hint:
Others [ Please Specify ]

Poll can only have up to 10 options. There are more than 10 defrag tools for windows alone.

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter

karamjit lal said:
why u excluded "Tuneup Utilities"
Gave that a spin today, and boy is it bloated or what? Mine you I did it on a VM, but still really slow to boot up and to perform tasks. Not one I would be picking everyday.

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
Gave that a spin today, and boy is it bloated or what? Mine you I did it on a VM, but still really slow to boot up and to perform tasks. Not one I would be picking everyday.
2009 and 2010 were considered the best versions of Tuneup Utilities by many users over the internet. post 2010 the program just started to fall into a endless pit.

Latest version is no better than 2012.

Payback

Paid : (Even though it is Off-topic) = Auslogic Disk-Defragger Professional

Free (on-topic) ; Defraggler by the developers of CCleaner

tipo

i can`t defrag my hdd because i use Rollback RX and it doesn`t let me use any defrag software. if i were to choose between defragging my hdd and the security provided by rollback i would go with the security provided by rollback.

P

Plexx

tipo said:
i can`t defrag my hdd because i use Rollback RX and it doesn`t let me use any defrag software. if i were to choose between defragging my hdd and the security provided by rollback i would go with the security provided by rollback.
I wouldn't consider what Rollback RX provides being security but convenience.

If I recall correctly, you can uninstall Rollback, defrag, then reinstall Rollback. Basically the same method as to if you wished to update your backup.

On a side note, unless you move/install/delete a lot of data, a defrag every 6 months or so is fine. Any more than that would just be a waste of time to say the least.

D

Deleted member 178

tipo said:
i can`t defrag my hdd because i use Rollback RX and it doesn`t let me use any defrag software.
you can't use a 3rd party defragger but you can use the one built-in RX

Payback

Biozfear said:
tipo said:
I wouldn't consider what Rollback RX provides being security but convenience.

If I recall correctly, you can uninstall Rollback, defrag, then reinstall Rollback. Basically the same method as to if you wished to update your backup.

On a side note, unless you move/install/delete a lot of data, a defrag every 6 months or so is fine. Any more than that would just be a waste of time to say the least.
I think,you are doing it a little late,every three-month I defrag,I get like 20% of fragmantion. So six months will be kind of late,I suggest defrag in three month?. But it also depends upon user/how they use computer

tipo

@umbra:
i don`t think rollback defrags the whole partition/hdd. it only defrags the snapshots it creates to take less space.(if i recall correctly)

D

Deleted member 178

tipo said:
@umbra:
i don`t think rollback defrags the whole partition/hdd. it only defrags the snapshots it creates to take less space.(if i recall correctly)
indeed, it defrag the snapshots PLUS the one you are using right now (aka your system).

Payback

softwarezone said:
Tune Up Utilities....
Sorry but I think Tuneup has been changed since 2009,I would use other disk-defragment software like Auslogic,Defraggler etc.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
My initial vote, Windows Disk Defrag.

After Auslogics Disk Defrag Portable gave me unlimited Error windows (over 200 of them), I tried and liked IObit Smart Defrag (also changed that as my vote).

AusDiskDefrag Portable

IObit Smart Defrag v2.8

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
I have been using the Windows built-in one for years, so I thought after some sluggish performance (see my config page), I thought I'd give a third-party one a spin, those were my results. :D

technology

Level 7
I've tried most of them, for performance I found Diskeeper is no.1 then PerfectDisk no.2 ( both paid)
For free app then Auslogics

Status
Not open for further replies.