Advice Request VS and Kaspersky? Recommended Settings?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
I am lucky enough to be one of the winners of the VS giveaway, and I have a few questions.
  1. How is its combability with Kaspersky Standard?
  2. Is there any settings that can resolve possible conflicts between these two?
  3. Is there any other settings that I should use?
I am rather new to this program so I have a lot of things to ask 😅

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I also run them together,Voodo shield is chatty especially when downloading, I shut off white listing option, If you get a warning with Voodo Shield it has virus total .Kaspersky really didn't need help but never had conflict ,used Voodoshield with lots of other AVs no trouble for me ever(except false positives which just seemed to want to be extra careful

Reactions: peterfat11

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
I also run them together,Voodo shield is chatty especially when downloading, I shut off white listing option, If you get a warning with Voodo Shield it has virus total .Kaspersky really didn't need help but never had conflict ,used Voodoshield with lots of other AVs no trouble for me ever(except false positives which just seemed to want to be extra careful
how do you turn whitelists off again? Not very used to the uis

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
suggest you leave VS mostly on internal default settings, after you install VS, put it in training mode for 2 or 3 days, run your normal software, I rarely get alerts or false positives. Both app should not interfere with each other. When you go to install new software you download, put it in disable mode during install, but check any new software first. I like its Whitelistcloud feature. I've been using VS so long my brain is on "automatic" re VS. Unlikely any malware could get passed Kaspersky Standard & VS. The VS website has basic info, and there's more than you'd ever want to read here at MT and wilders. If you are stumped try support at voodooshield .

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
how do you turn whitelists off again? Not very used to the uis
When first installed the option to enable or not is there, if you already enabled it and wish to close that function just open(voodoo..) and you can disable anytime there

Last edited:

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I've uninstalled both, and many others. The quest for the latest and greatest protection had me changing security programs for decades. I'm done with that crap. Too many FPs and resource hogging that brings no real protection advantage over WD for me. Have a regular imaging backup program, for that one night you get drunk and find yourself felled by Yahoo! dregs.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
I've uninstalled both, and many others. The quest for the latest and greatest protection had me changing security programs for decades. I'm done with that crap. Too many FPs and resource hogging that brings no real protection advantage over WD for me. Have a regular imaging backup program, for that one night you get drunk and find yourself felled by Yahoo! dregs.
I had more fp with WD than Kaspersky. But yes, the best security is when there is always a backup

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I do images and backups on a regular basis too, but haven't had to use an image in at least 10+ years. And the one time I did was due to hdd failure, not malware. I do agree with @Telos that repeatedly & constantly changing security programs is a load of crap. I went thru that phase in the more remote past. VS is very light on system resources. I've stuck with VS for several years. It sometimes alerts to a suspicious file usually because of digital signature or lack thereof. I don't necessarily consider that a false+, just good info that an app or file might need more analysis.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.