New Update Want to see just how bad Google Chrome is? Try this simple trick!

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Its a vague Article, The author doesn't mention which version of chrome he was using and is without any proof. I am not justifying chrome in anyway, its a resource hog, admitted but on a good system it is as fast as any other browser out there. I use both chrome and Firefox and I see no perceivable difference in speed, may be its just me who knows.
Same. I'm not even using a good system and there isn't any notable performance difference between Chrome, Edge and Firefox. I've used all 3 significant enough in past 30 days for this judgement.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I can vouch that your browser experience will vary extremely depending on OS. Firefox runs so much better than Chrome on macOS. Not even close. Safari is the quickest but the UI is intolerable. Chrome runs better on Windows. Firefox runs better on some linux distros, Chrome on others. I don't use Brave, screw them.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I decided to try and download Edge to my Macbook, where I have used Chrome just to try it. No doubt, Edge is faster, lighter. I have had the same problem on my Windows computer, that when I clicked on Chrome, it took 10 seconds before anything happened. The reason I don't use Safari on my Macbook, is because all my history, bookmarks is on Edge and Chrome, and I don't wanna go through that pain, to make a bunch of new stuff to Safari. Maybe some day. :cool:

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Although I use Edge on my Desktop and Firefox on my mobile phone, I would say these claims are questionable (beside the fact that a frame rate increase from 237 to 253 is not 30 percent). What I know for sure is that
  1. On Windows Edge loads faster than any other browser (because Microsoft pre-loads it own browser)
  2. On Android phone my Samsung browser, Firefox, Brave and Edge won't connect to a website when the 4G connection is bad, but Chrome still manages to get a page loading (not seamlessly but with fits and starts).
As a wise man once told me: once is an irregularity, two is a series and calls for further investigation.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Although I use Edge on my Desktop and Firefox on my mobile phone, I would say these claims are questionable (beside the fact that a frame rate increase from 237 to 253 is not 30 percent). What I know for sure is that
  1. On Windows Edge loads faster than any other browser (because Microsoft pre-loads it own browser)
  2. On Android phone my Samsung browser, Firefox, Brave and Edge won't connect to a website when the 4G connection is bad, but Chrome still manages to get a page loading (not seamlessly but with fits and starts).
As a wise man once told me: once is an irregularity, two is a series and calls for further investigation.
Edge is significantly faster than Firefox and chrome for me on several Android phones that I have tested. Everyones mileage may vary has they say depending on other factors networks config etc

In regards to the video was only posted has a joke, was not being serious but it did improve fps even though it wasn't 30%.

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

I decided to try and download Edge to my Macbook, where I have used Chrome just to try it. No doubt, Edge is faster, lighter. I have had the same problem on my Windows computer, that when I clicked on Chrome, it took 10 seconds before anything happened. The reason I don't use Safari on my Macbook, is because all my history, bookmarks is on Edge and Chrome, and I don't wanna go through that pain, to make a bunch of new stuff to Safari. Maybe some day. :cool:
Can't you simple export your bookmarks from Edge and import them to Safari. A developer of an OS has some knowledge benefits over competing browsers,so my guess would be that Safari would be faster.

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Edge is significantly faster than Firefox and chrome for me on several Android phones that I have tested. Everyones mileage may vary has they say depending on other factors networks config etc

In regards to the video was only posted has a joke, was not being serious but it did improve fps even though it wasn't 30%.
I believe you and was not accusing you. Sorry it is my irritation with fake news (where in 8 out of 10 cases the claim in the title is exaggerated and not substantiated by the content)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Can't you simple export your bookmarks from Edge and import them to Safari. A developer of an OS has some knowledge benefits over competing browsers,so my guess would be that Safari would be faster.
Yes and It's my intention to do it. But it's my other extensions like Lastpass and adblocker as well. It's also my guess that Safari would be lightest. I probably do it one of the coming evenings. I have tried Edge here today, and when I scroll down a page, Edge just roll like it was the fastest mobil phone. Chrome kept stopping. So Edge do outrun Chrome at least on this Macbook.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
Why screw Brave? I've used Edge, Chrome, and Firefox on my Windows 11 os, and so far I like it better than all of them. It has everything Chrome has but Brave has a lot more privacy built in and is fast.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.