We are upgrading our forum software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
When I typed malwaretips.com in my browser and seen an unusual format I thought I mistyped web address and entered to wrong site :p
Now this is really looking awesome and its very comfortable to the eyes,Thanks Jack for these changes.
I think there should be a thread for bug report and if its exists I am sorry for not finding it as I hadn't thoroughly search for it.
I bug report from me is we can see Virus Exchange section without entering password and agreeing to T&C.

Thanks & Congrats.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Well, I think that this upgrade is now .. the big step backwards in graphics and posibilities.
MT links from my bookmarks get ERROR MT page, and MT all links by search engines - gets white page. Review linking urgently, please ..
@Prorootect : everything should be working fine now, give it a try. Even so, I highly recommend that you update your bookmarks with our new links.

Reactions: Dima007

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@karatz The MyBB platform a had a lot of add-ons, and right now this Xenforo software is bare bone, within a few days I should be able to customize it and make it more user friendly. Hopefully, it will be even better!

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Jack wrote Today at 5:47: 'Even so, I highly recommend that you update your bookmarks with our new links.'

- No need to redo the MT links, all old forum software MT links works good now, thank you Jack!

It's more and more cozy, here!

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I have started to add some add-ons... First, some simple but much need it one... If you go to the main page: malwaretips.com, in the sidebar you will find the following new widgets:
Y1VTTaM.jpg

Plenty more to come ..... :)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'Hope there's going to be some better skins ..'

- it's my big hope too! .. gray-blue like the old I used with great pleasure.

We attend patiently.
- Thank you personally Jack, for your efforts to embelish this new XenForo soft!
- and don't forget to add clickability to interior links in the threads, please ..

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good but where is the cp to edit my sig? I can't edit my config completely either
The permissions to edit signatures has probably not been set yet.Which I would imagine is the same case for other user configurations.Since there are many other things to do,signature permissions are probably not at the top of the list.XF has an entire set of permissions just for signatures and "Edit Signature" has 3 options:

Not Set(No)
Allow
Never

I am sure once all the usergroups,bugs & plugins are taken care of everyone will be happy

Yes, James. You are absolutely right - looks good, but is poor.

Actually looks good and is very good.It will take some time getting used to it but I think after 1 day it isn't time to give up on it.

Personally,having used many forum softwares both paid & free, I like XF better than VB.

Where's the "todays posts/new posts" area now? Thanks.

"Mini Spy" under the navbar at the top of the page & on the right in the sidebar under "Mini Spy"

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Would the upgrading to MalwareTips be the reason why to day while logging in on MalwareTips, i get the message about a incorrect password? Even though it is the correct password and that it is entered by lastpass? ( So it is not a typo on my end. :) )

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Would the upgrading to MalwareTips be the reason why to day while logging in on MalwareTips, i get the message about a incorrect password? Even though it is the correct password and that it is entered by lastpass? ( So it is not a typo on my end. :) )
Yes, it was an javascript error for Internet Explorer.... It was not your fault... Hope to see you more often on these forums!:)

Reactions: Morro

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The permissions to edit signatures has probably not been set yet.Which I would imagine is the same case for other user configurations.Since there are many other things to do,signature permissions are probably not at the top of the list.XF has an entire set of permissions just for signatures and "Edit Signature" has 3 options:
Spot on Paul, we will redefine the groups and their permision, and we will create some banners (like I have now "Staff Member) for those member who can be "Trusted". :)

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Thank you for the quick answer Jack, and i usually check MalwareTips every day. :)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Looking good! But I can't view the web version of the portal on my Android phone.
Everything looks perfect on my Nexus 4.Can you post a screenshot?..... We do not have a portal, the malwaretips.com is the forum index...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.