We are upgrading our forum software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Well, I think that this upgrade is now .. the big step backwards in graphics and posibilities.
MT links from my bookmarks get ERROR MT page, and MT all links by search engines - gets white page. Review linking urgently, please ..

My First Screenshots to you:

malwaretips.com Forums ERROR (from Favorites/Bookmarks link):
yhed277.jpg

MT result - white page on all search engines
aByRJq1.jpg

- so no more MT on Google and other search engines .. no MT on Internet.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Google has bots that go through the sitemap of a website to create results on google so you will have to wait until google updates to get the forum links right (other search engines do this too). and you could always just update your bookmarks :)

Reactions: Jack

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
The new layout looks good!!

Reactions: Jack

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well, I think that this upgrade is now .. the big step backwards in graphics and posibilities.
MT links from my bookmarks get ERROR MT page, and MT all links by search engines - gets white page. Review linking urgently, please ..

My First Screenshots to you:

malwaretips.com Forums ERROR (from Favorites/Bookmarks link):
yhed277.jpg

MT result - white page on all search engines
aByRJq1.jpg

- so no more MT on Google and other search engines .. no MT on Internet.
picture says a thousand words :)
browsersfunny.jpg

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
XenForo is very nice software.It has a lot of nice features.It is much more professional looking than MyBB.

I think it will be a positive move for MT

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Google has bots that go through the sitemap of a website to create results on google so you will have to wait until google updates to get the forum links right (other search engines do this too). and you could always just update your bookmarks :)
OK., it's almost good now, links works, from Favorites - and from search engines (not all search engines, but the situation will improve, I think).

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There will be some kinks to be worked out as with any transfer to a new forum platform.
Probably many plugins that need to be implemented but on the positive side the site is up and running with the new software so members should use the opportunity to look around and get used to the new features.In time I think everyone will like the change

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
My first impression is that it's really a nice update. It looks better and the mobile version is much more functional. Thanks Jack! :D

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
* The links in the topics are no longer clickable .. so no more usability of topics, if many links .. Eg. Shroud of Turin topic.

* Avatar's animation not working, cause frame ..

* Search... feature not working ..

Last edited:

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Looks good but where is the cp to edit my sig? I can't edit my config completely either

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.